- Department/Team: Human Services
- Location: Springwood
- Salary Range: Base salary of $71,732 degree qualified (Base salary of $65,512 for Cert IV qualified) plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% annual leave loading plus access to salary sacrificing
- Employment Status: Full time, Fixed Term until June 30 2021
- Reports To: FLDM Manager
About the Role
Effectively deliver an accountable, effective and culturally strong Family Led Decision Making service to reduce the disproportionate representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people in the youth justice system. ATSICHS is an organisation that will challenge the status quo and work to produce positive outcomes for our mob.
The FLDM Practitioner will provide independent support to families when youth justice concerns are reported for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander child or young person with the goal of securing a reduction in reoffending by the family’s participation in decision making to overcome the young person’s challenges. This is to be achieved by a strong focus on empowering the voice of families and young person by building the personal ownership and motivation to change in efforts to help children remain safe in the family through supporting their involvement in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Family Led Decision Making (ATSIFLDM).
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, an aged care facility, family and child services, social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
“Our vision for the future is to deliver healthy, connected Indigenous urban communities.” To do this we are focusing on five strategic priorities:
- Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
- Build a strong and sustainable future
- Innovation and excellence
- Our partners
- Our people
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
What we offer
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Aboriginal Medical Services
- Competitive remuneration
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service
- Access to medical and dental services
- Minimum Certificate IV qualification or higher in Social Work/Human Services/Behavioural Science/Psychology/Criminology/Allied Health/Occupational Therapy/Sociology/Public Health or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to meet client performance targets
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of practice judgement when working with clients that are involved with the Child Protection system
- Ability to work with a culturally and socially diverse group of clients, and to apply a culturally responsive framework to guide interventions, with the support of staff and management
- Demonstrated ability to record accurate and consistent case notes
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and to effectively communicate with and work collaboratively as part of a team, and to contribute to the development of creative and innovative services
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating stakeholder processes and procedures
- A willingness to travel across the ATSICHS Brisbane and Logan region of services and work across different sites
- A willingness to provide social work supports and engagement to vulnerable populations
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Bachelor qualification in either Social Work/Human Services/Behavioural Science/Psychology/Criminology/Allied Health/Occupational Therapy/Sociology/Public Health or relevant field
- Brief intervention counselling skills
- Previous experience in a family support and or advocacy role
For any further enquiries please get in touch with our People and Culture Team through (07) 3240 8900.