- Department/Team: Family Wellbeing Services
- Location: Logan / Woolloongabba
- Salary Range: Base salary of $71,732 plus 9.5% superannuation, plus 17.5% annual leave loading plus access to salary sacrificing
- Employment Status: Full time, Fixed Term until June 30 2021
- Reports To: Manager, Family Wellbeing
- Direct Reports: N/A
About the Role
The Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Worker will work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander DFV survivors and their children.
This role will provide direct case management to survivors, holding a small case load, and in addition educate ATSICHS staff practice via direct advice, information, and the provision of formal training.
This role contributes to ATSICHS’ increased capacity to respond effectively to domestic and family violence survivors.
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, an aged care facility, family and child safety services,social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
“Our vision for the future is to deliver healthy, connected Indigenous urban communities.” To do this we are focusing on five strategic priorities:
- Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
- Build a strong and sustainable future
- Innovation and excellence
- Our partners
- Our people
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
What we offer
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Aboriginal Medical Services;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service;
- Access to medical and dental services
- Bachelor qualification or higher in Social Work/Human Services/Behavioural Science /Psychology/Criminology/Allied Health/Sociology/Public Health or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of practice judgement when working with vulnerable clients in high risk, fast paced situations
- Demonstrated experience in DFV crisis management, and undertaking risk assessments and safety plans
- Ability to work with a culturally and socially diverse group of clients, and to apply a culturally responsive framework to guide interventions
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight, effectively communicate and collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and to contribute to the development of creative and innovative services
- A willingness to travel across the ATSICHS Brisbane and Logan region of services and work across different sites
- A willingness to provide services outside of a clinic environment
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Demonstrated experience in leading staff responses to domestic violence survivors and their families
For any further enquiries please get in touch with our People and Culture Team through (07) 3240 8900.