- Position Title: Clinic Nurse (RN/EEN)
- Department/Team: Health Services
- Location: As required - across all ATSICHS Brisbane locations (Woolloongabba, Logan Area, Browns Plains & Northgate)
- Salary Range: Base salary $71,732 - $81,165 based on experience and qualifications
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Reports To: Director - Primary Health and Dental
- Direct Reports: N/A
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, an aged care facility, family and child safety services, foster and kinship care, social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
Our vision for the future is to deliver health, connected Indigenous urban communities. To do this we are focusing on five strategic priorities:
- Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
- Build a strong and sustainable future
- Innovation and excellence
- Our partners
- Our people
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
What we offer
- Optional salary packaging, meal entertainment cards, and novated leases.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's leading Aboriginal Medical Services.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service;
- Access to medical and dental services
- 9.5% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading in addition to your salary.
- Salary Packaging as a not for profit is available in addition to your salary.
About the role
As a key member of the ATSICHS Brisbane team, the Clinic Nurse is expected to personally contribute to the shaping and achievement of ATSICHS vision and goals within their own scope.
Conduct frontline nursing duties as per the IUIH Model of Care. It is the role of the Clinic Nurse to contribute, where possible, to ATSICHS comprehensive health support services to clients with the aim to achieve improved health outcomes for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This includes effective triage, prevention, education, support and recalls.
The Clinic Nurse will provide education to ATSICHS clients with regards to their care and promote opportunities for improved health outcomes.
- RN: Bachelor degree in nursing or higher.
- EEN: Diploma in nursing
- Full un-restricted AHPRA registration.
- Previous demonstrable experience in relevant nursing field.
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and performance outcomes.
- Ability to support a continuous improvement model for achieving outcomes.
- Decisive listening, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a primary health setting.
- Previous experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Immunisation endorsement and experience
- Previous experience in a multidisciplinary health team.
- Previous experience in chronic disease management.
For any further enquiries please get in touch with our People and Culture Team through (07) 3240 8900.