About the role:
The Manager is responsible for leading the Intensive Support program, improving initiatives, processes and outcomes of the team.
Key focus areas include:
- Strategic development and management for the Intensive Support Program consistent with the overall strategies, goals and direction of ASC
- Team management, support and coaching
- Driving the critical evaluation and improvement of systems
- High level, complex case management
- Developing innovative solutions to improve housing outcomes for people seeking protection
- Manage effective processes to transition people from the program and towards independence
- Working collaboratively to build strong relationships with internal and external programs to maximise positive outcomes for people seeking protection.
This is an ongoing, full-time position at 38 hours per week.
The successful candidate must be flexible to rotate between working from home and from our Centre in Newtown.
Working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team, our ideal candidate requires creativity, energy and a solutions-focused attitude to deliver effective and innovative support to people with mental health, housing/homelessness, financial stress and family disruption matters.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Manager of a team and program within social services / community welfare.
- You have a strong understanding of mental health and trauma, and its impact to self-determination and capacity building.
- You have significant experience in complex case coordination and the demonstrated ability to problem-solve, take initiative and manage crisis situations
- You are a great motivator of staff and volunteers, able to support, develop and inspire workers in challenging environments.
- You can demonstrate experience in change management and in creating and implementing a clear vision for your program.
- You’re able to build and sustain strong working relationships with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders to help improve outcomes for people.
- You’ll have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and a valid driver's license.
How to apply:
Please read the attached Position Description, or email any questions to Andrea Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Intensive Support Manager / Casework Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applications must include a recent CV and a written response of 600 words or less addressing how they meet the following requirements:
- Ability to manage and motivate, support and inspire employees and volunteers in a complex and challenging environment.
- Experience developing clear program vision, gain agreement and support for it and align all program activities to this vision
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, take initiative and troubleshoot complex situations.
Previous applicants need not apply.