The Asylum Seekers Centre (ASC), Sydney is a place of welcome and provides practical and personal support for people living in the community who are seeking asylum. Our work is underpinned by a set of values built on our commitment to a human rights approach.
Our services include health care, employment assistance, case coordination, housing, financial relief, food, social and recreational activities.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of ASC's Community Engagement program, which aims to facilitate opportunities for culturally-appropriate connections and meaningful participation of people seeking asylum, within the Australian community.
The role focuses on understanding the needs of the asylum seeker population, and using this information to build links within various communities, foster social inclusion and participation, and develop community-led initiatives.
This is a full-time position on a fixed-term contract of 12 months.
The successful candidate must be flexible to rotate between working from home and from our office located in Newtown.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
- Working with the Head of Services & Engagement, develop a strategic direction and a whole-of-organisation framework for Community Engagement
- Develop and foster partnership opportunities to support and foster community participation for people seeking asylum
- Strengthen connections with all agency and community partners, through a positive and proactive engagement strategy
- Provide support, advice and coaching to direct reports and volunteers to ensure individual and team key deliverables are being met within the Community Engagement team
- Actively consult and communicate with program managers to collect information, stories and data that will inform ASC’s community engagement practices
- Oversee and manage the smooth delivery of ASC’s social, recreational and food initiatives, ensuring alignment to Community Engagement goals
- Collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative information that supports ASC’s advocacy goals
- Actively seek to identify trends, patterns and prominent issues impacting people seeking asylum
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you can demonstrate in your application:
- Significant experience in managing and designing community development/engagement programs
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning within a whole-of-organisation framework
- High degree of initiative to think innovatively and creatively to solve social problems
- Experience embedding strategic thinking and clearly articulating strategic direction and plans
- Experience and confidence in managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership experience implementing community projects
- Ability to implement systems and processes that underpin best practice and high quality relationship management
- Current NSW Driver's License
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, social work, mental health or other relevant
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a recent CV and a covering letter addressing the essential requirements.
To request more information or questions about the role, please email Kristine De Guzman at email@example.com, using the subject line: Community Engagement Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.