- Victorian and Tasmanian Authorities & Services Branch
- Full-Time/Part Time, Fixed Term Contract – 2 years
The Australian Services Union Authorities & Services Branch covers Victoria and Tasmania. Our members hail from diverse industries including local government, social and community services, water, energy, transport, shipping, travel, info tech and - exclusive to Tasmania – airlines and clerical/administration.
We are growing our membership and building strength through working directly with members in their workplaces, in their industries and within their professions.
The ASU offers a range of flexible work options and we encourage people of all genders, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply. We also encourage applications from current ASU Delegates, with experience from any of our industries.
The branch currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced OH&S Officer to join their team to:
- Develop and deliver training and training materials for a workplace cultural change program that empowers workers in local government and the social and community sector to identify and correct psychosocial hazards in their workplaces.
- Deliver WorkSafe approved HSR introductory and refresher training courses on behalf of the ASU
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Certificate IV (4) in Training and Assessment (or higher) and experience in course delivery and delivering training in an adult learning environment. (Mandatory).
- At least two years employment experience in a role in which OHS was a full-time responsibility or a major part of your role (Mandatory).
- A solid, detailed understanding of the Victorian OHS Act 2004, in particular sections relevant to the purpose of HSRs and their powers, protections and entitlements (Mandatory).
- Worksafe accreditation to deliver the Introductory 5 day OH&S Representatives Course. (Desirable).
- A passion for working directly with workers, union delegates, activists and health and safety representatives and union officials who make up our movement.
- Previous experience in union, political or community organising and education, including the application of organising frameworks and transformative learning techniques will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in written and oral communication.
- Sound knowledge of computer technology, including training in an online environment.
- Excellent time management and planning skills are required.
- Current driver’s licence essential
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
A complete position description is attached.