ABOUT ASTHMA WA
Asthma WA has a purpose to raise awareness so that every person living with asthma has an asthma action plan and is taking medication appropriately.
Helping West Australians breathe better.
Leading the education and empowerment of West Australians to take control of their respiratory health.
About the role
We are seeking an energetic, self-starter who is passionate, driven and motivated to achieve targets.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for building relationships and partnerships with the corporate and philanthropic community, for the purpose of generating sustainable income across the following incomes streams;
- Corporate Partnerships
- Cause Related Marketing
- Workplace Giving
- Matched Giving
- Major Giving
- Philanthropic Grants
The role is charged with developing meaningful, multi-layered relationships that deliver mutual benefit, and stewarding these relationships over the long term for growth.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: Part time, 22.5 hours per week
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the corporate and community strategy;
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partners, donors, supporters and prospects; implementing moves management plans to inspire sustainable sponsorship agreements and substantial philanthropic gifts to the organisation;
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop tailored proposals to motivate prospects to support Asthma WA;
- Identify opportunities to grow corporate income by analysing the market and developing a strong tailored proposition;
- Initiate and assist with the implementation of relationship building events;
- Negotiate contracts and partnership agreements;
- Coordinate activities and programs as defined within partnership agreements;
- Prepare and fulfil all reporting requirements as stipulated within partnership agreements;
- Preparing regular financial tracking and reporting;
- Scope and acquire relationships with Private and Public Ancillary Funds;
- Develop ongoing relationships with Trusts and Foundations to secure ongoing funding for specific programs or projects or general funding;
- Maintain the grants calendar and actively apply for relevant grants;
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to prepare, develop and manage major donor fundraising campaigns;
- Provide superior customer service to all Asthma WA stakeholders;
- Produce monthly fundraising activity reports for the CEO and Board of Directors;
- Provide support to other projects of the organisation as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success in a similar role;
- Proven track record in sourcing sustainable corporate partnerships and other sources of income;
- Ability to manage diverse portfolio of programs;
- Proven success in new business acquisition;
- Experience in program development, monitoring, report writing, analysis and evaluation;
- Experience in managing projects and budgets;
- Knowledge of Australia's corporate and commercial world with a network of contacts in positions of influence;
- Proven experience in preparing proposals and grant applications
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and motivate a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders;
- High level communication skills – written and verbal – with the confidence to prepare and present to external groups and individuals;
- Ability to generate ideas, think innovatively and problem solve;
- Current Driver’s License and vehicle;
- Must be a non-smoker (includes vaping).