ABOUT ASTHMA WA
Asthma WA has a purpose to raise awareness so that every person living with asthma has an asthma action plan and is taking medication appropriately.
Helping West Australians breathe better.
Leading the education and empowerment of West Australians to take control of their respiratory health.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Administration Officer to join our team in West Perth. Reporting to the General Manager – Health and Regional Services, this is a flexible part-time role over 45 hours per fortnight (22.5 hrs per week).
Reporting to the General Manager, Health Services, the HST Administration Officer supports Asthma WA activities by professionally delivering a wide range of services including client bookings, managing referrals, data entry, and other administration requirements. The key focus of this role is to assist and enhance the smooth running of the organisation and its activities, with a focus on supporting the work of the Health Services Team. All Asthma WA staff are expected to adhere to the team values - Teamwork, Integrity, Commitment, Respect and excellence and promote these values at every opportunity. These are important to the role of Administration Officer as the front face of the organisation and representative of the Health Services Team.
Health Services Support
- Professional and friendly manner towards all staff, volunteers, clients, and stakeholders
- Excellent telephone manner, as well as high quality written and verbal communication at all times, across all platforms – email, telephone, videoconferencing, etc
- Manage referrals, clinic bookings and education session bookings, including Telehealth
- Undertake all aspects of Medicare billing as required
- Maintain efficient and accurate health Services databases and recording processes, including Best Practice software
- Attend Meetings and take minutes
- Provide professional and high quality external and internal written communications
- Assist with meeting set ups, minutes and communications
- Other duties as directed by GM – Health Services
Reception and Administration
- Provide relief support to Reception staff as required
- Maintain a well organised, tidy and welcoming reception area
- Promote Asthma WA’s Key initiatives such as events, fundraising, health services and retail sales as appropriate to reception visitors and over the phone
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and stakeholders in all interactions
- Provide administration support to other business units when required
- Previous experience in a similar role, including Medicare billing experience
- Knowledge of medical practice management software – (Best Practice software experience highly regarded).
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
- Sound Microsoft Office program knowledge – word, excel, outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and proven time management skills
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks at the one time
- Willingness to learn and motivated
- Work well under pressure
- Must be a non-smoker (includes vaping)