If you share our passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals on the autism spectrum - please read on!
- Join an experienced, multidisciplinary team of professionals, providing capacity-building and therapeutic supports directly to people on the autism spectrum
- Build your knowledge and skills working under the NDIS framework
- Start your workday from home, providing supports in natural settings in the community including participants’ homes and educational settings, as well as Teletherapy delivered from your home
- Specialised discipline specific supervision framework
- Extensive induction and training in autism and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is provided
- Internal and external professional development opportunities
- Multiple opportunities available – new graduate intake commences early February 2021. Experienced staff may commence sooner
- $70K+ full time starting salary package, inclusive of superannuation
- Initial 12 month role with potential for ongoing employment in 2022
- Multiple itinerant roles servicing the Northern, Western and South Western regions of Sydney
Aspect is committed to providing an autism friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. It is through this commitment that we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
The Therapy team employs over 200 allied health therapists and delivers services which are person and family-centred, flexible, responsive and evidence-informed for individuals of all ages on the autism spectrum. This role will see you building and nurturing connections in therapy environments including in the community, schools, preschools and early education settings, as well as via Teletherapy.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary package (including attractive and tax effective salary packaging benefits)
- Excellent internal and external professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive support and supervision - clinical, face to face, discipline specific and individualised
- Opportunities to take on research projects and other responsibilities
- Opportunities may include group based programs and providing therapy in an Aspect school setting
- Communities of Practice facilitated by experienced staff
- Connections with highly experienced therapy staff who are members of the larger therapy team
- Interesting and varied work with a comprehensive structured training program to ensure you are best skilled to make a difference in your new role
- Your Practice Supervisor and Operational Leader will support your individual learning needs
- You will be trained on Tier 1 & 2 Positive Behaviour Support with further opportunities for Tier 3 and PBS Practitioner training for therapists wanting to deliver specialist PBS supports
- Annual Aspect Therapy conference to grow your skills, connections and practice
What you will bring to the role?
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- Eligible for registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Passion to engage and empathise with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families and carers
- Ability to asses and tailor evidence-base interventions to meet the needs of individuals on the autism spectrum and their families / carers
- Outstanding organisational, communication, written and presentation skills
- Good organisational skills for managing your caseload, scheduling your appointments and timely recording and uploading of case notes and reports
- Good client rapport and the ability to empower others to implement and maintain strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Current valid driver’s licence, use of own vehicle for business purposes (reimbursed per kilometre) and willingness to travel across your local LGAs
- A professional situation in your home for report writing and conducting Teletherapy videoconferencing (Aspect provides the laptop and mobile phone)
- Willingness to travel across the LGAs within your preferred location
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance check for paid employment
- Current first aid qualification, CPR and anaphylaxis certificate (preferred)
- A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this.
- Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is also required. If you have not already completed the module, click here to access it.
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
Click here to view the Position Profile.
Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please attach your resume, cover letter and complete the candidate questionnaire below as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Louise Rassack, Senior HR Business Partner on 0466 305 537.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.