- Employment support for people on the autism spectrum
- Part time role, up to 30 hours per week, varied hours and days Monday to Friday
- 12 month maximum term contract
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Role will be working across sites/locations within Sydney Metro area – need to be willing to travel between our Ryde site, Burwood training venue and Frenchs Forest site
- Role involving both Employment Mentoring and School leavers Employment Support (SLES) sessions at Burwood Sydney's inner west
About Aspect Employment:
Aspect Employment offers guidance and advice to assist people on the spectrum move into the world of work with confidence. Our Employment Mentors are experienced and well-trained in offering autism-specific employment support, so we understand individuals’ unique strengths and the barriers faced when making the transition into employment.
About the role:
Provide meaningful employment support to people on the autism spectrum by identifying and working towards employment goals, implementing action plans and supporting individuals in working towards milestones and develop skills to find and maintain meaningful open employment. Work with employers to raise awareness of the positive contribution people on the autism spectrum can make to the workplace and to build strong connections within the community to build awareness and create opportunities for people on the autism spectrum. Click here to view the Position Profile.
- Promote positive understanding of autism
- Actively apply strengths-based principals and strategies to help participants prepare for and find meaningful employment
- Build and maintain trustworthy, consistent and positive relationships with participants
- Proactively support and communicate with participants outside of sessions
- Coordinate meetings with participants on a regular schedule that complies with each participant’s individual requirements
- Maintain communication between participant, Aspect Employment Coordinator, parents, health professionals and other interested parties
- Update and maintain documentation and records on Salesforce database as required to enable superior program delivery
- To build the service by raising awareness of the program, tapping into the community and different organisations
- To nurture current relationships with stakeholders ensuring to meet targets/requirements
Skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated knowledge of autism
- Tertiary qualification in Welfare, Social Science or Disability Studies or similar (preferred but not essential)
- Certificate IV Employment Services an advantage, but not essential
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working with people who have a disability
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with job seekers towards gaining and maintaining sustainable employment opportunities.
- Ability to manage time and workloads effectively
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to meet the needs of job seekers in overcoming barriers to employment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and autonomously
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s Licence valid in Australia and use of own vehicle for business purposes - (essential)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance for paid employment
- Current NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is also required. If you have not already completed the module, click here to access it. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer:
A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. These roles are covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) and are classified at Level 2, depending on qualifications and experience. The rates range from $27.94 to $30.56 per hour.
Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
Please attach your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to Alex Rowe, Aspect Employment Coordinator on 0466 792 665.
For more information: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.