- Working with children and youth in out of home care
- Multiple casual positions
At Aruma, we support people with a disability to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
We provide residential care and therapeutic programs for children and young people between the ages of 5 - 17 with challenging complex behaviours and needs. No two days will be the same; so if you thrive on variety then we want to hear from you! You will be supporting young people to live a great life, to live the life they want, the life they choose. You will be assisting with a range of day to day activities that make all the difference, from daily tasks through to working towards goals.
Please note: our services run a 24/7 roster model and the successful candidates will be required to work various shifts including weekends, sleepovers, and Public Holidays.
- Excited about working with and engaging young people
- Support the individual development of each customer
- Demonstrate an empathetic approach to working with people who may have experienced trauma
- Customer centric and all about celebrating your customers' wins
- Embody our BRAVE values
About the Role:
- The role includes providing intensive services and support to children and young people through daily routines, hygiene, education, recreational lifestyle support, cooking and maintenance of the home.
- Work within a trauma-informed framework with children and young people who display complex and challenging behaviours including emotional dysregulation, verbal and physical aggression.
- Support the involvement of a family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people.
- Committed to supporting children/young people who have faced trauma in their lives
- Understanding of and experience in working with a trauma informed and therapeutic framework
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Child Youth and Family Intervention Services or equivalent qualification
- Hold or are willing to obtain prior to commencement a Blue Card, Yellow Card, Drivers License, First Aid and CPR. Be Job Ready - apply for a Blue Card via www.qld.gov.au/bluecard
- You will be required to complete a Child Safety and Personal Screening Check and Criminal record check
- Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
- Flexible in the hours you work each week
Nice to have…
- Experience in personal care (and happy for this to be part of your job)
- Experience in working in residential care
What Aruma offers you:
- Regular rostered hours
- Working as a part of a person-centred team
- Be rewarded by seeing children and young people develop and achieve positive outcomes
- Training and professional development
Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
To be part of the Aruma journey, please apply now.
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation