Summerland Farm is located on a beautiful macadamia and avocado farm, set high on the hills of the Alstonville plateau overlooking the Ballina coastline. This multi-award-winning attraction is a business of Aruma, committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships through inclusive employment opportunities for people with disability.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated star to join our team in the role of Sous Chef. This role has the extra benefits of salary packaging, a fitness passport, no split shifts, balanced evening work and great industry conditions, all while working in a beautiful location and contributing to a business that makes a difference!
Find out more about here: Summerland Farm.
This role will see you:
- Plan and prioritise customer orders ensuring meals are delivered to the customer table in reasonable timeframes
- Deliver a high standard of food presentation for all menu and function orders
- Effectively fulfil day to day operations of the kitchen
- Effectively lead, inspire and develop a diverse team to achieve business outcomes
- Contribute to the menu planning process, estimating food requirements, ordering and costings
- Adhere to food safety, quality and hygiene practices and procedures
- Establish positive team relationships that facilitate cooperation and collaboration, reflecting our values and producing effective team results
- Receive excellent customer service feedback that promotes our business service offerings and builds positive relationships with external customers and suppliers
You will benefit from being part of a much larger team, with multiple levels of support, and development and growth opportunities.
- A demonstrated commitment to Aruma's Code of Conduct
- Appropriate tertiary trade qualification in Commercial Cookery with experience in a similar role
- Supervisory skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and train a small team
- Willingness to work with and support the Head Chef and Coordinator Retail and Tourism
- Ability to operate commercial equipment such as mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers and ovens
- Demonstrated passion for quality food and presentation
- Strong knowledge of food safety standards and WHS requirements
- Flexibility to work a range of shifts as per hospitality industry requirements
- A current Australian driver's license
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative organisation and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, ongoing supervision and professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and the option of salary packaging.
Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment checks and successful applicant will undergo NDIS Worker screening.