Welcome to Aruma! We might have a new name, but we’re not the new kids on the block. You once knew us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation – two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Yes, we’re a disability service provider, but we’re also so much more. We’re the trusted partner of over 5000 people with a disability throughout the east coast of Australia. Aruma is leading the new age, the new world of disability support – the NDIS world. Aruma puts our customers first. And to do this we need you - staff who are brave, bold, and who dare to think differently. So, if you want to stand out and have a fulfilling career, then join us today!
We are currently seeking an inspiring and innovative Senior Behaviour Practitioner to join our team in Burleigh, QLD. This is a great opportunity for any Behaviour Support Practitioner looking to take the next step up in their career.
Our Senior Behaviour Support Practitioners are Human Rights warriors! They work to understand customer needs and goals and provide tailored support to meet these. They ensure our organisational purpose is demonstrated to our customers and others on a daily basis.
What success looks like:
- Work in a multi/trans-disciplinary model with a range of allied health professionals to provide a holistic and integrated approach to supports
- Provide clinical knowledge, expertise and support to Behaviour Support Practitioners, individuals, families and Aruma customer support teams
- Provide professional leadership in Behaviour Support service provision within Aruma
- Provide regular supervision and operational management to a team of Behaviour Support Practitioners (BSP’s).
A day in the life of a Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner:
- Assist customers, their families and a team of BSP’s to identify individual needs through assessment and planning, developing meaningful goals and practical strategies to meet customer goals in their home and community
- Provide consultation advice and support around significant life transitions for customers in Aruma placements, supporting the customer to develop skills to cope with these major changes to minimise the impact on them and ensure the viability of the transition
- Participate in intake decision making processes regarding customers with complex needs and determine the suitable allocation of customers to practitioners
- Consult and liaise with clients, hospital and community staff, carers/family members, relevant agencies and government departments, as appropriate to ensure holistic planning and support of the customer
- Mentor and train your team to exercise independent clinical judgment concerning the selection and application of principles, methods and techniques of clinical assessment and/or therapy
- Write your own Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSP) as part of a small caseload, as well as monitor and approve all PBSP’s prepared by your team, ensuring that all State and Federal legislative requirements are met for the use of Restrictive Practices
Skills and Experience which will make you stand out
- Demonstrated skills and experience of a Proficient/Advanced/Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner as outlined in the National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguards Commission – Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework 2019 and to maintain suitability to deliver Specialist Behaviour Support under the NDIS
- Have a minimum 3 years experience in the delivery supports to people with complex behaviour support needs
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Disability or Social Sciences
- Have explicit knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support principals including functional behaviour assessment, development of behaviour support plans, implementation processes
- Experience in delivering and evaluating relevant training for support staff and hold a Certificate in Workplace Training and Assessing or prepared to undertake this training
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check clearance
- Current driver’s licence and a willingness to drive as per role requirements
- Current First Aid Certificate
A position description is attached.