- Do you have experience working in disability as a support worker, case manager, or have lived experience or family member with a psychosocial, developmental or physical disability?
- We are seeking provisional psychologists with knowledge of disability or mental health to fulfil an exciting role
- Are you a provisional psychologist looking for a 5+1 internship
- Training, supervision and mentoring provided
- This role has previously been approved by AHPRA for the 5+1 pathway to registration as a psychologist
- Full time opportunity, salary packaging available. Phone and laptop provided.
- All experiences encouraged to apply
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
When you're a part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. You're pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar much higher.
You are someone with a strong commitment to human rights and person-centred approaches. You will be passionate about supporting people to live the life they choose. You are familiar with psychosocial, developmental or physical disability through your work or lived experience. You will be an excellent team member and communicator, and able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a holistic approach to high quality positive behaviour supports.
About the Role
We are excited to be building our capacity to provide specialist behaviour support to NDIS clients across our Sydney metro areas of operation. As our new Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will be supported to provide specialist behaviour support services to NDIS clients and their support teams across the lifespan.
What success looks like
- Be supported to develop and implement individually designed Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Be supported to assist clients, their families and support teams to identify their needs through assessment and individual planning, to develop meaningful goals and practical strategies to manage complex behaviours.
- Support clients, their families and care teams to understand the function of complex behaviours.
- Be supported to provide training, consultation and skill building to clients, their families and care teams.
- Work in a multi/trans-disciplinary model with a range of allied health professionals to provide a holistic and integrated approach to supports
- Provide clinical knowledge, training, expertise and support to individuals, families and support staff
Skills that make you stand out...
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Psychology/ Social Work/ Occupational Therapy, Disability or Social Sciences
- A knowledge of (or willingness to learn) Positive Behaviour Support approaches, including functional behaviour assessment, development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans.
- An understanding of (or willingness to learn) relevant policy and legislation relating to Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practices at a National and State/Territory level.
- Familiarity with psychosocial, developmental or physical disability through your work or lived experience.
- Experience providing (or willingness to develop skills in) consultation, training and/or coaching to teams, families and/or their supports.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and time management ability.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Current driver's licence and a willingness to drive
- Working with Children Check and Police Check clearance
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative organisation and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, ongoing supervision and professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and the option of salary packaging.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation