At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
When you're part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. You're pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar higher.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Payroll Administrator to assist and work alongside a well established team. You will be responsible for the success of our workforce and the achievement of our vision, mission and organisational objectives. This role is initially a 6 months Fixed Term Contract.
You will be reporting to the Payroll Manager to assist Internal - employees at all levels, Group Manager, Payroll Operations, Payroll Manager, Senior Payroll Administrator and broader People, Learning and Culture team. Externally - customers, ATO, Centrelink legal representatives and relevant consultants/agencies.
What success looks like…
- Payroll practices are compliant with relevant legislative requirements and organisational values and that Customer Service is a high focus
- Payroll functions are proactively managed with the payroll team; workforce planning, recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, performance management, injury management, award and agreement interpretation, workload prioritising, staff training.
- Accurate and timely advice is provided to managers and employees across the full range of generalist Payroll issues
- Strong, collaborative partnerships are built with internal stakeholders
- Perform all payroll related transactions across the employment life cycle with tasks consisting of accurately creating, entering, processing and validating data in the HRIS for fortnightly payroll completion
- Provide accurate employee information and award compliant advice on all payroll matters, resolving requests within agreed organisational Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Monitor and resolve telephony, email, help desk and ticketing system raised enquiries with a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with periodic payroll reporting for the purpose of correcting identified anomalies and extracting accurate reports for business specific distribution
- Maintain, update and adhere to security controls appropriate to the records management system for documentation completeness and currency of confidential records
- Utilise technology applications and systems confidently to deliver effective service in accordance with organisational policies. Applications include and are not limited to SAP, TRIMs, Service Now ticketing system and MS Office
- Proactively support process improvement initiatives by identifying inefficiencies and making recommendations to streamline existing practice
Skills and experience that make you stand out…
- A minimum 5 years' experience in a Payroll role position within a large organisation (2500 employees +).
- A minimum of 2 years' experience using Chris 21 software.
- Experience processing weekly, fortnightly and monthly pays including multiple pay runs.
- Experience with interpretation of awards and agreements in Australian work environment.
- Knowledge of Long Service Leave legislation in all Australian states and territories.
- Experience dealing with ATO, Centrelink, The Child Support Agency and Superannuation clearing houses.
- Experience in month end reporting and fringe benefits calculations.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer literacy including use of excel as an analytical and reporting tool.
- Experience using Riteq time and attendance system desirable.
- Ability to provide quality and timely payroll advice to key stakeholders.
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative organisation and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, ongoing supervision and professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and the option of salary packaging
Apply now with your cover letter addressing the success criteria and a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.