Summerland Farm is located on a beautiful macadamia and avocado farm, set high on the hills of the Alstonville plateau, overlooking the Ballina coastline. This multi-award-winning attraction is a business of Aruma, committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships through inclusive employment opportunities for people with a disability.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated individual to join the Summerland Farm team, in the role of Supervisor Fruit Packing. In this role you will support the Horticulture Services Coordinator oversee and lead fruit packing processes to ensure production targets are met in a safe and timely manner. The Supervisor will lead a diverse team to meet customer expectations by providing excellent customer service and ensure repeat business through effective job scheduling, collaboration with growers, adherence to quality requirements, and ensuring production efficiency.
This role will suit someone with experience in meeting production targets for fruit packing (or similar warehouse environment), with knowledge of Food Safety Standards, including HARPS and Freshcare.
What success will look like:
- You will plan and coordinate resources to ensure production targets are achieved, compliant with HARPS and Fresh Care Accreditation
- You ensure production processes (weighing, sampling, receiving, receipting, grading fruit, packing fruit, dispatch, and distribution of product) are timely and maintain the quality standard of the fruit product
- Your leadership facilitates effective team cooperation and collaboration, including facilitating employees with a disability to become skilled team members, with values led coaching and support
- You promote and enhance Summerland Farm services by providing excellent customer relations and customer service for external customers, suppliers, and broader community, with particular focus on fruit packing business
- You ensure appropriate data and record management meets internal and external audit/compliance requirements.
- You effectively coordinate teams across multiple areas including carton erecting, fruit packing and dispatch.
- A commitment to the Summerland Farm and Aruma's Code of Conduct
- Qualification in Horticulture/ Warehouse Distribution; or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in fruit packing (or similar) production processes to achieve production targets
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, HARPS and Freshcare specifications.
- Able to effectively communicate with a range of people with diverse needs
- Sound computer skills (MS Office) and ability to utilise databases for reporting and coordination
- Sound organisational skills and ability to prioritise work of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Sound independent decision making & problem-solving skills
- A practical understanding of WHS requirements
- A current Australian driver's licence.
Nice to have:
- Formal leadership training (such as Cert IV or Diploma of Frontline Management)
- Experience with working with people with disabilities, particularly in a business service context.
Please apply if being part of a supportive team and demonstrating a positive attitude towards the promotion of supporting people with disabilities is for you!
How to Apply
Include a covering letter addressing the above essential criteria and a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
Please note: we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period, and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date.