- Disability Support Workers | Traralgon | Casual & Part-time Opportunities
About the role
As a Disability Support Worker at Aruma, you will deliver a range of 'at home' and 'in community' services to support our customers to live independently. Some of your duties will include:
- Assisting with personal care
- Medication assistance
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Shopping and transport to medical appointments
- Social support and community engagement
Benefits of working with Aruma!
- Grow or kick start your career with us!
- Full training is provided with local offices, managers and a 24/7 support line
- Generous Paid Bonus Schemes eg. Refer a Friend
- Competitive hourly + penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres ($0.80) + direct reimbursement of tolls/parking costs incurred at work
- Access to salary packaging - up to $15,900 for living expenses and additional $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses each year
- Opportunity for accredited training through our RTO and TAFE partnerships
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Transferrable skills in providing care and compassion to others
- Valid Driver's Licence and reliable vehicle (essential)
- Have flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster which includes days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Have a Current First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR Certificates or willingness to obtain prior to commencing
- Be willing to provide an NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) Clearance
- Have the ability to support others with personal care and domestic duties in a respectful way
- Have the capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks
- Have good computer, communication and interpersonal skills
- A confirmation record of COVID-19 vaccination (doses 1, 2 and booster)
So who is Aruma?
We're glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in disability services, but we're definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation, two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at aruma.com.au.
When you're part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. We're all about putting the people we support first. That's a non-negotiable.
Our success depends on YOU.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment via our online systems.