- Helping re-integrate, train, and empower Women that are New Australians, into the workforce
- A non-profit organisation providing holistic support to new and disadvantaged Australians
- Working for a purpose-led organisation in an empowering new role
ARMIA is a charitable organisation operating in Sunnybank in Southeast Queensland. We provide a range of services, activities and programs including (but not limited to) Multicultural Communities’ and Disability Services to holistically empower the “forgotten ones”, mostly New Australians who struggle to integrate even after many years in Australia, as well as disadvantaged mainstream and Indigenous persons. We strive to remove fit men and women from endless welfare dependency and support our most vulnerable members in the community.
We are seeking a Compassionate Training and Employment Coach to Coordinate our disadvantaged women’s program.
Joining a purpose-led organisation, a newly created role exists for an Employment Coordinator to work with disadvantaged women including New Australian’s in helping with training and coaching, to assist with re-integration back into the workforce.
Leaning on your training and employment coaching expertise you will be responsible for:
- Recruiting disadvantaged/unemployed women for the employment support program
- Building excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Recruiting and sourcing suitable positions
- Providing advocacy services to disadvantaged women
- Providing holistic employment support and coaching
- Writing, implementing, and delivering employment skills training programs
- Demonstrating cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Have an understanding to various barriers to employment, especially with women that have migrated and are new Australians
We are ideally seeking an empathic, resourceful, and experienced employment consultant and coach/trainer. Ideally you will have:
- TAE – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (highly desirable although not mandatory if you have extensive experience in writing and delivering training programs)
- Further qualifications in Employment Services would be highly desirable
- Someone who has contacts and can network and engage in business development to find suitable positions for candidates
- Reverse marketing and recruitment skills
- Extensive experience working with people from Culturally and linguistically Diverse Backgrounds where English is not their first language
- Experience in advocating on behalf of disadvantaged people, particularly new Australians
You will really thrive in this role if you:
- Enjoy working for a purpose led organisation and making a difference to someone’s life
- Enjoy training and employment coaching, and providing people with the skillset they need to succeed
- Enjoy a flexible working day week – either 4- or 5-day week
- Are driven and motivated by targets and achievements
- Are compassionate and have a great cultural awareness
Working for a non-profit organisation with purpose and passion
Working for ARMIA, we are committed to acting on behalf of those people who are disadvantaged, teaching them the skills they need to develop themselves, and overcome barriers to employment, and assisting them in achieving overall success and growth.
Please click Apply Now and follow the instructions.