Who we are:
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Care Governance Lead is required to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to monitor, maintain and improve the care governance and compliance systems which are integrated within the Care Governance Framework. This role will ensure a systemic approach to maintaining and providing safe, high quality care to HelpingMinds clients.
The Care Governance Lead will provide education and support to the Intake team in assessing the suitability and eligibility of referrals. This role will provide de-briefing opportunities to the service delivery teams to support best practice, client centred care, and effective decision making in conjunction with service Executives.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in conjunction with the Safety and Quality Committee, ensuring these are in line with the HelpingMinds Care Governance Framework, best practice methods and legislative requirements.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Officer to ensure service delivery documentation meets the needs of the relevant standards.
- Actively identify gaps and develop documentation as required to ensure safe practice for clients, team members and the organisation.
- Seek continuous improvement to develop ways of working that will enhance practice enabling them to meet ethical, professional and best practice standards.
- Participate in regular Intake meetings and collaborate with service Executives to determine suitability and eligibility to service.
- Act as an escalation pathway to the Intake team to ensure effective client related risk management.
- Provide de-briefing opportunities to service delivery team members on difficult clients to support the delivery of effective and high-quality service.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered, candidates will have at least 5 years experience in providing service delivery in a relevant field.
Other essential qualifications include:
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers License and reliable vehicle
- A relevant tertiary degree e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or Mental Health Nursing, and/or a Training qualification
Essential experience includes:
- Experience working within a successful multidisciplinary service delivery team
- Ability to assess risk and develop effective mitigation strategies
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures across a large geographically spread organisation
- Client Focus – understand our clients, constant focus on improving client experience and makes decisions based on added value for the client
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Proven ability to support effective decision making to ensure high quality service delivery is provided
- Highly developed interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual, problem solving and emotional intelligence skills, along with the ability to liaise effectively and professional with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to support and guide teams in best practice decision making in terms of case reviews
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
HelpingMinds offers an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click on the attachment below.