- Join us in working with Councils to increase the uptake of solar
- Fixed term 6 -month contract, with good prospects of extension
- Part time, 50% FTE
- Flexible working conditions including remote and regional
Are you interested in driving the uptake of solar energy, particularly in regional and low-income areas? Are you interested in the use of technology, data and mapping to inform decision making?
Join the team at the APVI. We are working together on a mission to drive the uptake of solar, through quality data and information.
The APVI is working with OEH’s ground-breaking Sustainable Councils program to make SunSPoT available to help councils and communities to install more solar, to save energy and cut power bills.
With us, you will lead on building relationships with Council Environmental and Sustainability Officers, in consultation with the OEH.
You will work with Councils on identifying opportunities in their LGAs, on developing projects and grant applications all with the goal of installing more rooftop solar.
- Tertiary qualifications and 3+ years’ experience in an environmental or sustainability role
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships
- Self-motivated, demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ambition to use your time to make a difference
- NSW based
- Experience with/as a Council Sustainability and Environmental Officer
- Grant writing experience
- Solar or energy industry experience
What will your average working day look like?
- You will work flexibly and independently, reporting to the APVI executive team
- You will build relationships with Council Environmental and Sustainability Officers at priority councils and in consultation with OEH
- You will provide training and guidance on the SunSPoT tool to help analyse opportunities for solar installations on Council buildings
- You will support Councils to develop proposals and apply for grant funds to accelerate the renewable energy transition
- You will coordinate council engagement with the APVI and OEH
- You will attend promotional events, including occasional regional travel
- You can work from home, anywhere in NSW
- You will join a team who are passionate about the use of data and information to make smart energy decisions
- You will be supported by a team of solar researchers and professionals at UNSW and the APVI who developed SunSPoT
- You can develop this opportunity into a long-term sustainable role
If this sounds like you, apply today.
ABOUT THE APVI AND SUNSPOT:
The Australian PV Institute (APVI) consists of companies, agencies, individuals and academics, working together to support the increased development and use of PV via research, analysis and information. www.apvi.org.au
SunSPoT is an online tool for estimating the potential solar on rooftops in Australian cities. SunSPoT has been developed in a partnership between UNSW and the APVI, that helps building and homeowners understand how they can benefit from installing solar. https://pv-map.apvi.org.au/sunspot/map#/