The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence and collaboration, working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhances Pacific prosperity.
The Director Operations PNG will play a key role in delivering the PNG program and performance objectives and is accountable for ensuring all operational activity is effective, efficient and compliant with DFAT, TAFE Queensland, APTC and Government of PNG’s Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST).
Reporting to the Executive Director PNG, the Director Operations will:
- Provide continuous improvement, innovation and support while driving a cohesive and effective APTC PNG workforce.
- Manage all PNG operational and administrative activities and is responsible for ensuring the provision and high standard of human resourcing, financial, property, facilities, ICT and Work, Health, Safety and Security services across multiple APTC sites within PNG.
- Manage and oversee infrastructure and equipment projects ensuring procurement is compliant, implemented effectively and presents value for money to DFAT.
To be successful in this role you must have;
- Tertiary qualification in business, commerce, operations or another relevant discipline such as human resources.
- Extensive demonstrated experience leading and managing business operations in a complex environment.
- Substantial management experience in financial and human resources and working with multi-disciplinary culturally diverse teams.
- Proven ability to provide leadership to staff including setting objectives and monitoring performance of others in achieving objectives.
- Practical experience in developing, implementing and managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organise and manage staff performance, achieve end-of-program objectives and to meet deadlines within a complex operating environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and ICT skills, stakeholder and relationship management skills, change management skills and an ability to prepare high-level responses and reports.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages eligible candidates from diverse backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.