The Australian Paramedics Association (NSW) is a trade union representing the industrial and professional interests of paramedics and paramedic support staff employed by NSW Ambulance.
The Association is seeking an Organiser to work as part of an industrial team to advance and protect members' interests.
This position will involve a significant amount of travel to worksites around the Sydney area and across NSW.
- Assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of campaigns consistent with the goals of the Association, in collaboration with the Executive Committee and the industrial team.
- Assist the industrial and organising team in planning and delivering training to delegates and members in line with the Association’s campaigns and priorities.
- Identify areas for membership growth, promote the benefits of the Association and increase union membership.
- Identify and recruit new delegates and provide support to develop them.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders – this includes NSW Ambulance, delegates, members, NSW Health representatives and politicians.
- Create content and manage the Association’s suite of communications, including (but not limited to) social media, internal memorandums and member updates.
- Assisting APA (NSW) Executive with various administrative tasks.
- Provide basic advice to members/delegates on workplace issues and direct to Industrial Officers as required for their action.
- Effectively and appropriately use workplace information systems (including filing, internet, email and electronic calendar) and accurately maintain membership records.
- Travel as required to worksites across NSW.
Key selection criteria
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Commitment to trade union values.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of initiative and sound organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small team.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Current driver’s licence.
Desirable experience & qualifications
The following experience/qualifications are desirable but not essential:
- Trade union background.
- Industrial relations qualifications.
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating campaigns.
- Experience planning and delivering training.
The salary for this position is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Any enquiries regarding the vacancy should be addressed to Tilak Nabi, email email@example.com using the subject line: Organiser Enquiry via EthicalJobs and ph 0448 004 329.
Please apply ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as received & the position will be filled when a suitable applicant is found.