- Permanent Full-Time position
The Australian Paramedics Association (NSW) is a trade union representing the industrial and professional interests of paramedics and paramedic support staff employed by the NSW Ambulance.
The Association is seeking an Industrial Officer to work as part of an industrial team to advance and protect members' interests.
- Advocate on behalf of APA (NSW) in the NSW Industrial Relations Commission and other tribunals/bodies
- Prepare industrial documents, including dispute notifications, affidavits and submissions
- Prepare communications to members regarding various industrial issues
- Carry out industrial research
- Interpret and apply relevant Awards, policies and legislation
- Handle membership enquiries
- Assist and advise members on workplace and industrial issues/disputes
- Attend consultative meetings and negotiate outcomes to disputes or workplace issues/changes on behalf of the membership with the NSW Ambulance and/or other appropriate stakeholders
- Provide advice and assistance to union delegates to advance and resolve disputes
- Effectively and appropriately use workplace information systems (including filing, internet, email and electronic calendar) and accurately maintain membership records
Essential Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- A commitment to trade union values
- A strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of initiative and sound organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a small team
- Proficient computer skills
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Trade union background
- Legal qualifications
- Industrial relations qualifications
- Current driver’s licence
The salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience and skills.
Any enquiries regarding the vacancy should be addressed to Bree Jacobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Industrial Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs and ph (02) 9564 3261.
Please apply ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as received & the position will be filled when a suitable applicant is found.