The Australian Paramedics Association (NSW) is a trade union representing the industrial and professional interests of paramedics and paramedic support staff employed by NSW Ambulance.
The Association is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Organiser to work as part of a small dynamic team committed to helping our members.
This role may be offered on a permanent full time or part time basis, to be negotiated with the successful applicant. Flexible hours are available. The salary for this position is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- In collaboration with the wider team, play a key role in developing and executing communications strategies across multiple platforms
- Assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of campaigns consistent with the goals of the Association, in collaboration with the Executive Committee and the industrial team
- Create digital content that supports our campaigns
- Work to establish digital networks of existing and potential members and identify membership growth opportunities
- Create content and manage the Association’s suite of communications, including (but not limited to) social media, internal memorandums and member updates
- Work with APA (NSW) Organisers and Industrial Officers to develop news stories and other marketing material
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders – this includes employer representatives, delegates, members, NSW Health representatives, journalists and politicians
- Travel around NSW may occasionally be required
Key selection criteria
- Commitment to trade union values
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative and sound organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small team
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated experience creating written and digital content for targeted audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in content creation for social media platforms
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience with basic video editing and graphic design
- Experience coordinating digital campaigns
- An understanding of and interest in the role of trade unions in the contemporary political landscape
- Current driver’s licence
For more information about this role contact Ms Bree Jacobs on 0403 704 840.