- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Location: ACT (North Canberra location)
- Hours: Part-time - 15 hours/week (12 month contract with possibility of extension)
- Salary: $64,545 per annum pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation
The Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine (ANZSPM) is a non-profit specialty society for medical practitioners who provide care for people with a life limiting illness. ANZSPM facilitates professional development, support and advocacy for its members across Australia and New Zealand to promote best practice in palliative medicine.
The Membership & Administration Officer will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chair of the NZ Committee, and other team members to provide membership and administrative support as part of a small team. The position offers flexible working arrangements and parking is available on-site.
The Membership & Administration Officer will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the following:
- Aotearoa Committee support, New Zealand membership and events, ANZSPM Special Interest Group support, and contributing to preparing Council agendas and minutes
- Provide general administrative support to ANZSPM including managing the office email, responding to member requests, organising Zoom and face-to-face meetings and assisting in general office management
- Event support including managing event registrations, communicating with members and providing attendance certificates
- Assist our Communications Lead with member communications as required
- Prepare and arrange payment of supplier invoices
- Manage job advertising requests
- Perform other duties as directed and as required as part of a small team and necessary to the proper performance of the role.
- Other duties as required, commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent client/customer service and ability to build positive relationships and work productively with a broad range of people both internally and externally, and in an inclusive manner
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills
- Able to exercise initiative, judgement and decision making ability in the application of established work procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to work independently and within a small collaborative team environment
- Flexible, enthusiastic, keen to learn and willing to undertake a range of tasks
- Experience in a similar role performing a variety of administrative duties preferably in a not-for-profit membership organisation.
- Secretariat experience or provision of administrative support for committees
- Experience working with website content management systems
- Experience with Xero financial management system
- Qualifications in a relevant field (eg. Certificate/Diploma in Office Administration, Communications, Events Management)
For further information please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Janice Besch, email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Membership & Administration Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs, or mobile number +61 401 713 535.