- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Location: ACT (North Canberra location)
- Hours: Part-time - 15 hours/week (12 month contract with possibility of extension)
- Salary: $64,545 FTE per annum (pro rata part-time hrs) plus 9.5% superannuation
The Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine (ANZSPM) is a non-profit specialty society for medical practitioners who provide care for people with a life limiting illness. ANZSPM facilitates professional development, support and advocacy for its members across Australia and New Zealand to promote best practice in palliative medicine.
The Membership and Administration officer will work closely with the CEO, the Chair of the NZ Committee, and other team members to provide membership and administrative support as part of a small team. The position offers flexible working arrangements and parking is available on-site.
Position Role and Responsibilities
The Membership and Administration Officer will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the following:
- Under the guidance of the CEO assist with the ongoing establishment, implementation and compliance of ANZSPM’s governance framework to provide ANZSPM with sound governance structures and models that meet statutory requirements.
- Provide secretariat support to the Council, Aotearoa and other Committees, including organising travel arrangements, agenda preparation, meeting documentation and archiving of records, coordination of timely responses to action items and liaison with members.
- Manage ANZSPM’s Special Interest Groups
- Event management and support including managing event registrations, communicating with members and providing attendance certificates.
- Assist with developing and maintaining information on ANZSPM’s websites.
- Assist our Communications Lead with member communications as required.
- Maintain the member database, including recording and keeping member details current.
- Provide general administrative support to ANZSPM including managing the office email, responding to member requests, organising Zoom and face-to-face meetings and assisting in general office management.
- Perform other duties as directed and as required as part of a small team and necessary to the proper performance of the role.
Refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria.
For further information please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Janice Besch, email email@example.com, using the subject line: Membership & Administration Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or mobile number 0401 713 535.