- Casual positions available
- Footscray Location
- 6am - 9:30am weekdays required, with the option for weeknights, weekends and public holidays
- Competitive hourly rate ($28.41-$31.25 + super + loading)
Who we are:
Annecto is an independent, not for profit association committed to increasing opportunities and choices for people with a disability, older people and their carers.
The After Hours Program is a unique service that provides tailored telephone response and support solutions to vulnerable people outside of business hours, 365 days a year. The service operates from 5 pm to 9 am on weekdays and 24 hours a day on weekends and public holidays.
As an Assessment & Response Officer (ARO) your role is to assess, manage and respond to out of hours calls and coordinate service delivery in accordance to the after-hours service guidelines and procedures. This includes shift allocations & replacements, client administration & support service delivery for Annecto’s clients & Business-to-Business (B2B) services.
This role does not include overnight/sleepover work. Furthermore, this role does not include physically providing direct care supports to clients or sales-based roles.
The role is to provide coverage primarily for 6am-9:30am Monday-Friday with additional shifts based on business needs & availability.
What's on Offer:
- Casual positions available across the Out of Business Operating Hours (OBOH) period (5pm-9am Weekdays, 24 hours Weekends & public Holidays)
- Close to public transport
- A competitive salary offering with salary packaging options (Reduce your taxable income)
- Work with an organisation that values the individual;
- Working with a vibrant, dedicated and supportive team
What are we looking for?
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the community service sector and/or Allied Health
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and act in a compassionate and friendly manner
- Be available to work weekday mornings, with the option of weekday evenings, weekends and public holidays as determined by business need.
- Previous experience in a call centre environment or equivalent would be highly regarded.
- Current tertiary students in any Allied Health discipline are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using technology broadly, or the capacity to learn new technology and programs as required
- Be available to work weekday mornings, with the option of evenings, weekends and public holidays as determined by business need.
- Intensive 6 week induction program of approximately 25 hours/week required across a mix of morning and evening shifts.
- Must be available at least 21 hours a week, including 2-3 weekday mornings minimum (6am-9am)
- Current police check conducted in the last 3 months or willingness to undertake on request.
- NDIS Workers check
You should be eligible to work in Australia.
annecto is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and abide by our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.