- Full-time fixed term (until October 2020)
- Location: 535 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
- Salary: $104,000 per annum (+ 14.5% superannuation, 5 weeks leave and other excellent employment conditions)
ABOUT ANMF (VIC BRANCH)
We represent the professional, industrial and occupational health and safety interests of more than 86,000 members across Victoria. We aim to empower nurses and midwives to maximise their influence of their profession, their working environment, the health care system and the broader community.
- You will assist with developing and implementing policy and strategy in a team environment to proactively prevent and manage occupational injuries and illness amongst ANMF (Vic Branch) members.
- You will advise, assist and support other staff, Health and Safety Representatives and ANMF members in relation to occupational health and safety matters, workers compensation, occupational rehabilitation, return to work and WorkCover conciliations.
- You will assist in the co-ordination and delivery of the OHS Training Program, conferences and seminars.
- Occupational Health and Safety Officers also represent the ANMF in relevant forums on OHS and WorkCover matters as directed and participate in Branch activities designed to improve member services and employment conditions, particularly health and safety.
- You hold tertiary or vocational qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety
- You have an understanding of OHS and workers compensation legislation, standards and practices
- You hold experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Workers Compensation and occupational rehabilitation/ return to work. Experience in WorkCover conciliations is also desirable
- You have experience in co-ordinating and delivering OHS training and organising OHS conferences, seminars and other forums.
- You hold a current Victorian Driver’s License
- You have a passion for representing the interests of and improving the working conditions of our members who are nurses, midwives and personal care workers.
- You are a strong team member who brings a positive attitude and enthusiasm and a continuous improvement mindset. You have experience in providing quality member service and demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships