- Fixed term Full-time 12-month Parental Leave Contract
- Oversee social media with a HUGE reach (1.6mil+ likes on Facebook)
- Ongoing commitment to individual flexibility
- Strong organisational culture of connection and community
This role is a 12-month parental leave contract; however, we are always looking for passionate, talented individuals who live and breathe the Animals Australia values. We are currently going through a period of review, so other opportunities may arise.
Animals Australia works tirelessly to protect the most abused and defenceless animals in our society. Our award-winning national campaigns and unique investigative work have awakened millions to the cruel practices of factory farming, live animal export and live baiting in the greyhound industry, while pressuring industry and government to take much needed action. Each victory for animals is underpinned by a strong and proactive supporter base
Our vision to create a kinder, more compassionate and respectful world for all living beings is bold and ambitious. To achieve this vision we need to inspire changed thinking about our relationship with animals on a global scale. Working in this space we encourage a learning mindset at all levels of the organisation, across all roles.
Working with a small social media team in our Campaigns Department, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for using social media to engage with the broader public to inform, inspire and empower people to make kinder, more compassionate choices.
This includes working closely with the Community Manager (and other key stakeholders) to:
- Maintain and grow innovative strategies that optimise audience engagement and action across all Animals Australia social channels
- Create compelling content that is well-informed, maintains consistency of voice and supports organisational goals
- Proactively research, capture, evaluate and report on emerging trends, and effectiveness of social media strategies and content.
You live and breathe socials from FBF to TBT – URTB. Importantly you can show:
- An alignment to our vision and values
- Experience with social media strategy including building and engaging online communities, implementing multi-channel strategies and content plans, and developing and monitoring effective ad campaigns
- Outstanding communication skills with proven success in creating influential content and digital assets social media graphics and considered copywriting
- Openminded – with a willingness to challenge your own thinking - in the interests of doing whatever is needed to get the best outcomes for animals.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU STAND OUT
Basic video editing skills, graphic design experience, experience in the For-Purpose and/or animal protection sector.
WHAT ANIMALS AUSTRALIA CAN OFFER YOU
Aside from the opportunity to bring about real change for animals, we offer:
- A fun, supportive, and hardworking environment
- Generous leave provisions including Companion Animal Carer’s and Compassionate leave
- Flexibility! Note that we’re currently working fully/almost entirely remotely
- Wellbeing Program including a customised Employee Assistance Program, discounted private health insurance and Wellbeing Leave
- A commitment to personal and professional development
WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION?
If you share our vision of a world where kindness, compassion, and respect extend to all living beings, apply now, and complete the application as detailed below:
- Please attach a cover letter - this helps us understand a little more about who you are and what inspires you.
- Your current resume - this should include the job title, name of organisation, period of employment and details of work experience starting from present to the past.
- In a separate document create a social media post to help our audience empathise with fish. This should be a graphic and a caption.
- Please provide a portfolio and/or examples of previous graphic design work and/or social media campaigns or posts.
For further information on the role, please contact Charlotte, People and Culture Coordinator, via email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Social Media Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please see attached position description for a full outline of the role and what we’re looking for.