- Full-time, Permanent
- Based in our Kilkenny office
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Provide case management support to individuals and families with complex needs with the goal of maintaining tenancy
Who is AnglicareSA?
AnglicareSA has approximately 1,800 committed employees and 600 volunteers who work across more than 100 programs and services.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. We are a trusted voice. And we are leaders. We are relentless in our pursuit of progress, standing with individuals and communities in times of need. We work with and for each other. Because, together we change lives.
Who are we looking for?
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Case Worker to work with and encourage vulnerable individuals and families at risk of becoming homeless to support them in improving their quality of life, reach their housing goals, and strengthen their connections within the community.
This rewarding role will suit a passionate and self-motivated person who wants to make a difference in the lives of people in our community who are at risk of becoming homeless and empowering people to sustain long term tenancies.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Manage a caseload of individuals and families from diverse backgrounds who have complex needs, developing plans to support them through a range of psychosocial challenges to maintain their tenancy and avoid homelessness.
- Build and promote links with support networks to support tenants, and identify strategies for more effective and efficient integrated services
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging activities and group programs to assist clients in enhancing their life skills to sustain their housing.
- Act as a dedicated advocate for clients, valuing diversity and inclusion
What do you need to bring?
- Tertiary qualification in either Social Sciences, Community Services or similar, or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of social justice principals, housing and homelessness
- Previous experience working with clients who have complex needs
- Knowledge and experience in case management, including assessment, reporting, planning, referral and advocacy
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and stakeholders
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
When submitting an application, please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies.
View the job description via the vacancy's application page on the AnglicareSA website for the full role requirements.
For further information please contact Trish Nisbett on 0478 473 341.
AnglicareSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage all suitably qualified candidates apply.
We are committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.