The Anglican Diocese of Melbourne is a large and dynamic organisation comprising of over 200 parishes located throughout metropolitan Melbourne and extending to include the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas.
The Personal Assistant role works closely with and supports two bishops – senior leaders in the Diocese of Melbourne. If you are an experienced Personal Assistant with well-developed interpersonal skills, if you enjoy variety and working across a broad range of areas – then this could be the role for you!
This role will commence working from home.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing communications on behalf of bishops – monitor calls, emails and take appropriate action when required;
- Providing administrative support including creating & managing data and documentation including agendas, minutes, proposals and responses;
- Calendar coordination and management;
- Drafting communications and correspondence on the behalf of the bishops;
- Planning, coordinating and organising meetings across the diocese;
- Travel management for the bishops including managing bookings, producing itineraries and travel documentation;
- Coordinate and manage bishops’ monthly expenses and corporate credit card reconciliations;
- Support other areas of the Episcopate as the need arises and where additional support is required for projects.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 3 or more years of proven experience in a similar role;
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with people at all levels;
- Have well-developed time management and organisational skills;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be a team player;
- Have demonstrated track record in being able to work with minimal supervision
- Have advanced computer literacy in MicrosoftOffice, especially inOutlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have experience in making travel arrangements and organising conferences;
- Be able to handle confidential information and demonstrate professional discretion;
- Possess a current Police and Working with Children Check or be willing to apply for these
At the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, we are professionals who foster a culture of empowerment. We are a close-knit small team that supports the Diocese of Melbourne. You will be trusted to manage your own work.
Therefore, we are looking for someone who is:
- Autonomous – you must be a self-starter and solution oriented;
- Empathetic – you must have empathy for the Anglican Church and its mission;
- Professional – we are looking for someone who can operate at high standards;
- Detailed –detail matters and you will need exceptional attention to detail; and
- Teachable – no matter what your age or experience, there is always new approaches and new things to learn.
In return for your skills and enthusiastic commitment you will have an opportunity to work with an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of many varied individuals across Victoria.
You must have full working rights and a current valid driver's license.