- Work From Home - Can be based from anywhere in Australia
AMTA has a small, collaborative and highly motivated team dedicated to advancing the music therapy profession and providing professional and effective member services, regulation and advocacy. AMTA has a highly engaged membership supported by a Board, Executive Officer, Secretariat, Professional Standards Officer, sector Advisors, National Committees and State Branches.
AMTA’s Communication Officer will develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy and operating framework (policies, procedures, processes and protocols) covering AMTA’s communication and delivery channels. The communication strategy will support AMTA’s strategic plan to enable, advance and advocate for excellence in music therapy, and position AMTA as a leader in the application of music therapy and music for health and well being.
Integral to the success of this consultancy contract is the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders, providing specialist communications support across AMTA’s communication channels ensuring that information and messaging is clear, appropriately tailored, engaging and timely.
- Develop an overarching communication plan that supports AMTA’s strategic and advocacy initiatives.
- When required, work in close collaboration with AMTA’s Advocacy Officer to develop targeted communication campaigns in response to specific public relations incidents and/or advocacy initiatives.
- Engage with external and internal stakeholders to inform and develop AMTA’s communication plan.
- Manage and maintain an up to date external stakeholder/non-member database
- Develop an operational framework (e.g. policies and procedures etc) that will support all internal and external communication activities.
- Maintain an overview of AMTA’s communication channels and activities (internal and external) to ensure:
- consistency with approved processes/protocols, providing guidance and support as required
- consistency with AMTA’s messaging, brand, and industry profile
- Research, write and edit communication and resources that will support AMTA’s strategic initiatives, National Committees, as well as AMTA members in their own workplace (e.g. advocacy tool kits, report templates etc).
Social Media Management
- Maintain a strong online presence for AMTA to increase brand awareness, advocacy, audience traffic and engagement.
- Collaborate with AMTA’s Social Media Committee to source, write, record, edit, and upload content in accordance with AMTA’s communications plan and campaign activities.
- Manage an optimal posting schedule.
- Facilitate positive audience engagement and conversations in AMTA’s social media channels.
- Provide timely responses to audience feedback and queries in AMTA’s social media channels.
- Monitor and report on online reviews, feedback and audience behaviours.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Ensure AMTA’s website content is up to date, effectively promotes AMTA’s mission and advocacy initiatives, and provides useful resources for the community and AMTA members/office bearers.
- Meet regularly with AMTA’s CEO and/or Advocacy Officer to discuss and review AMTA’s communication plan.
- Work closely with Secretariat and Social Media Committee to ensure all internal communications (e.g. member eBulletin, closed FB Groups etc) is engaging and informative, and adopts content and messaging consistent with AMTA’s communication plan.
- Prepare monthly Board reports outlining progress of AMTA’s communication plan.
- Work with the CEO to prepare regular updates on communication and advocacy activities for member publication, presentations and/or AMTA’s website etc
A position description is attached.
If you have any queries, please contact AMTA’s Chief Executive Officer, Bridgit Hogan, firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Communications Officer - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For more information visit our website.