- Duration: 12 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Location: Flexible - Darwin or Alice Springs Office
AMSANT is the peak body for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in the Northern Territory and advocates for equity in health, focusing on supporting the provision of high quality comprehensive primary health care services for Aboriginal communities.
This position will assist Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services throughout the Northern Territory to deal with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic focusing on the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination program and support the COVID-19 vaccination implementation in AMSANT member services, including through enhancing logistics, communication and promotion of the COVID-19 vaccine. The position will work closely with the Clinical Covid-19 Advisor Vaccination position as part of a public health team, engage with and support AMSANT member services through the provision of culturally safe and effective messages about COVID-19 vaccines to their communities and work to amplify those messages within the TGA rules about vaccine promotion and support communication about the delivery of the vaccine to reduce the risk of cold chain breaches. The position will work with key staff across AMSANT and in member services as well as with staff in key partner organisations such as the NT PHN and NT Department of Health.
- Collate information on issues underlying vaccine hesitancy and refusal to develop strategies to address these issues
- Develop a repository of culturally appropriate vaccine promotion resources for services to use
- Support services to share effective methods of promoting the vaccines
- Support and facilitate interpretation of vaccine messages into Aboriginal languages
- Assess gaps in vaccine promotion resources and work to fill those gaps by sourcing existing resources or working with partners to develop new resources
- Network with key Government agencies involved in promoting the vaccine to support a coordinated and effective approach to vaccine promotion
- Provide logistical support as needed to ensure vaccine transport and delivery is well coordinated with minimal cold chain breaches
- Facilitate and support communication between all key agencies involved in the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccination program in the NT
- Project management skills/experience
- Understanding of principles of health promotion
- Experience in developing and evaluating health education resources relevant to the needs of Aboriginal communities
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the capacity to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people across the NT
- Skills relevant to delivering health information in a complex cross-cultural environment.
- Well- developed knowledge of Aboriginal cultures
- Drivers licence and capacity to travel
- Formal public health and or health promotion qualifications
- Formal qualifications and /or experience in staff training
- Experience in the ACCHS sector
Appointment Factors: (Appointment is subject to)
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Driver’s Licence
For a copy of the job description, please see attached.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.