ABOUT VOICE AT THE TABLE
“We provide practical information to ensure that people with cognitive disability have a real and equal voice at the table. Everything we do is disability led, co designed and aligns with the civil rights slogan, “Nothing About Us Without Us."
- VATT has trained people with cognitive disability (Intellectual Disability and Acquired Brain Injuries) to speak up and become self-advocates (Consumer Participation Training).
- VATT trained Government Departments and other organisations to run their meetings in an inclusive manner so that everyone can have a say (Inclusive Meeting Practice Training).
- The Monthly Meetup - is a peer led capacity building meeting for Self Advocates who have completed the Consumer Participation training.
- The VATT CHAT podcast was co-designed in March 2020 as a response to the Covid -19 pandemic.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT?
The Voice at the Table ILC Project- Building Stronger Voices will identify and address some of the barriers people with cognitive disabilities face in exercising their right to civic, social and political participation.
WHAT WILL THE ROLE ENTAIL?
The VATT Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supervising staff (both with and without cognitive disability)
- Reporting to DSS regarding the ILC grant, data collection, collation and conclusions
- Facilitating the operations of the VATT Steering Group and supporting its members
- Promotions including ensuring the website is updated and using social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Networking and Liaising with other organisations relevant to the work of VATT
- Being on the VATT Steering Committee and VATT CHAT Working Group
- Looking for funding opportunities and writing submissions to ensure VATT continues post June 2022.
Voice at the Table has grown, we now have our own offices, the funding more staff and multiple activities. For the right person, this is an awesome opportunity to assist a brilliant team to reach the next level in change making. Whoever is successful will have support but also freedom to extend the project.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience of relevant and effective project responsibility and management
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of community inclusion, empowerment and participatory decision-making
- Knowledge and experience of managing staff and volunteers with a collaborative leadership style
- Experience in delivering projects aligned with funding requirements
- Experience in working with a Steering Group
- Knowledge in the area of promotion, Google G-suite and social media tools
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and foster partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated successful ability to scout for, write submissions and secure funding
- Tertiary qualifications in community development or disability studies or demonstrated equivalent experience and skills.
- 4 days a week - can work remotely, however some time in our Melbourne CBD office is required.
- March 2021 to June 30th 2022.
- $76,500 for 4 days wk + super + salary sacrifice
- SCHCADS Worker Level 6, Pay point 3, Community Development Worker Class II(b)
For more info email Amy Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Voice at the Table - Building Stronger Voices Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs, or call on 0433 554 487.