The Australian Marine Conservation Society is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities, using online and offline campaigns and advocacy to inspire people to protect Australia’s ocean wildlife. Our fundraising team is seeking someone to fill this exciting new role with a focus on the care and retention of our donors and administration of our fundraising programs. If you’re passionate about donor experience and increasing the impact and efficiency of administrative and fulfillment programs - you’ll be right at home in our close-knit team.
If you are a dynamic and effective person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, looking for a stimulating workplace where you can grow skills, then we encourage you to apply.
Purpose of the position:
The Donor Care Officer helps raise money for, and build commitment to our important work to protect the marine environment. You will build engagement with the cause and positive donor relationships with AMCS through your exemplary donor care and smooth fulfillment of the fundraising programs.
Your work supports the recruitment and engagement of AMCS donors by ensuring the administration of records, processing of donations, and communication with supporters is delivered efficiently, effectively and in a way that inspires ongoing financial support for our vital marine conservation work.
The position reports to the Fundraising Manager and works closely with the Fundraising and Operations teams.
- Provide donor care and build engagement with the cause through responsive customer service and administration for AMCS donors, corporate partners and other financial supporters, including administering donor inboxes and hotlines.
- Provide support and fulfilment for AMCS fundraising initiatives, including appeals, regular giving programs, major gifts, bequests, corporate partnerships and workplace giving programs. This includes donation processing and other data entry, preparing welcome and other mail packs, coordinating personalised VIP style mail outs for major donors and other care and fulfillment activities.
- Develop and optimise processes and journeys to increase donor experience, care and retention. Advise the fundraising team on ways to further engage donors, improve their experience and retain their relationship.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
Donor Relations and Engagement:
- Manage the donor specific phone line and inbox.
- Develop and maintain excellent supporter relations by providing a high level of customer service across all contact points with AMCS supporters/potential supporters to maximize engagement.
- Manage all direct donor contact channels, including phone and inboxes as above, as well as outgoing emails and SMS for retention and care purposes.
- Develop, implement and report on processes and journeys to increase donor experience, care and retention.
Fundraising Program Fulfilment:
- Enter and process donations, issue receipts and resolve donation related concerns. You will be responding to donations from direct mail, phone and online channels.
- Provide fulfilment for the Regular Giving Program (AMCS Sea Guardians) by sending welcome packs, running retention activities for lapsing supporters, and working with the Regular Giving Officer to ensure monthly income targets are met.
- Provide administrative support for AMCS's Bequest Program including preparing mail outs and information packs, setting up and maintaining bequest contact records in the database, reporting on bequest program numbers and fielding bequest enquiries.
- Provide administrative support for the Major Donor Program including running the Major, Mid and High Donor Report, assigning thank you calls, making thank you calls, preparing and packing mail outs and personalising correspondence.
- Provide administrative support and fulfilment of new or trial fundraising initiatives, such as appeals, acquisition programs, regular giving initiatives, VIP or major donor programs and bequest programs.
- Support monitoring, optimisation and reporting on the performance of fundraising programs by providing reports and data on your donor care journeys and fulfillment activities where requested.
- Liaise with the Operations Team where needed for supporter care and the administration of programs.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 2 years’ experience in operations, administration or fundraising roles.
- Experience in data entry and using a CRM.
- Experience in the Not-For-Profit or community sector, either employed or volunteer.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience with customer or donor care, servicing telephones or inboxes.
- Experience in both fundraising and administration/operations.
- Experience administering regular giving, bequest, major donor or corporate partnership programs
- Experience with Salesforce CRM.
- Qualifications or experience in fundraising or direct marketing.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
AMCS is a strictly non-partisan and an equal opportunities employer. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. That is, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work.
For all enquiries about this position please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Donor Care Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs, or 07 3846 6777.