We are passionate about the protection and restoration of coasts and their catchments.
We strive to make a difference to the world we live in. We see a change happening in the management of our coasts. This includes meaningful engagement, informed by science, and building on the lessons of the past.
We want someone who is ready to help be a part of leading this journey.We are not a large hierarchical business and we operate in a collaborative way to issues and problem solving. The role therefore suits an individual with strong interpersonal skills who can work in a proactive manner to identify issues, improve processes, and help our staff in decision making through better systems and sound advice.
Skills and experience:
- Over 7 years working in science and engineering related to coastal, marine and/or estuarine settings
- Experience across one or more of the following: coastal engineering and design, coastal modelling, monitoring and/or data analysis, coastal planning and management, coastal hazard and adaptation planning, climate resilience
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects, client relationships, and working in multi disciplinary project teams.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience working within the policy and legislative frameworks for managing and working in coastal and marine environments, particularly within the Victoria coastal context
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to succinctly convey complex coastal and marine processes and in clear plain English
- An appreciation of how the management of our coastal environment can be improved and how you would like to contribute to this
- A desire to work across disciplines and geographies
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and values-driven work culture
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for building the business and workloads
- Demonstrated ability in business development and industry engagement
- Industry relationships in both government and private industry
The role context:
- The role would ideally be based in our Victorian team, but we are willing to consider candidates who are based interstate
- Our coastal team work across a range of coastal management, engineering, strategic planning and climate change adaptation projects
- Our team continues to grow, and we are seeking an experienced coastal engineer/scientist to contribute to the future direction and vision of our coastal practice
- The role would have a focus on Victorian and NSW projects, but the ability to work on multidisciplinary teams across Australia and internationally
- The successful person will be able to interpret scientific and engineering information and present that in the context of coastal planning and community engagement.
A position description is attached.
To discuss this role further please contact Phebe Bicknell email@example.com, using the subject line: Senior Coastal Engineer / Scientist enquiry via EthicalJobs or 0407 336 922.
An important part of our business is the ownership structure. Alluvium is a staff owned business. We are committed to continued broadening of the ownership to staff who support and are actively engaged in the attainment of our strategic goals. It is a preferred option for all senior staff to have ownership in the business over time.
Remuneration is commensurate with skills and experience and subject to negotiation. We have generous policies surrounding leave and other employee benefits.
Note that applications are only open to applicants with Australian citizenship or permanent residency.