We believe the application of creative thinking, robust science and practical engineering can effectively address the complex and interrelated threats to our natural environment. Our work makes a difference to the world we live in.
We are looking for an exceptional design professional to join our team!
What skills you need to bring to the role:
- At least 2 years’ experience as Civil AutoCAD/12D designer
- Demonstrated initiative and drive
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within time constraints and schedules
- Basic knowledge of relevant standards and technical guidelines for drafting and design
- A minimum certificate IV in engineering drafting, civil design, or closely related discipline
Other desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in the fields of stormwater, drainage, natural resource and/or catchment management within Australia
- Experience in professional services consulting
- Degree in civil engineering, or closely related discipline
Your key attributes:
- A passion for drafting, design and the environment and a keen interest for pursuing that passion through your work
- A willingness and positive contribution to teamwork
- A willingness to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability and desire to work across geographies
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and values-driven work culture
- Ability to develop good rapport with staff and partners
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing high quality engineering drawings that clearly communicate our design solutions
- Supporting the development of innovative, practical and cost-effective designs to document stormwater drainage, WSUD and waterway designs
- Utilising and integrating AutoCAD and 12d software to document and visualise designs
- Ensuring designs are cognisant of and consistent with regulatory drafting standards and best practice guidelines
- Assisting engineers by estimating bills of quantities associated with implementation of designs
- Supporting a range of engineers across Australia with their project workloads
Logistics of the role:
- The position will be preferably based in either our Brisbane or Townsville office, while servicing our offices across Australia
- The position has the option of being part-time (minimum of 4 days/week).
What we offer:
- Remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience
- Generous leave and other employee benefits
- A continuous learning culture
- An inspiring work environment and a supportive team
- Work across the Alluvium Group in a great collaborative environment
Alluvium is an employee-owned consulting firm founded in 2006 to provide advice to government and private organisations on issues facing our water resources, rivers and catchments. We are not a hierarchical business, everyone at Alluvium takes responsibility for high quality advice and great client communication. We will not compromise these parts of our service.
Our focus is catchments to coasts. We aim to influence the direction of catchment management in Australia through our work with federal, state and regional government and private sector clients in the resources and development sectors.
We work hard to differentiate our business and believe it is possible for a commercial organisation to measure its success by things other than profit alone. Our motivation is to create a business that can and will make a difference to the world we live in. We invest heavily in an enabling culture in order to remove barriers to creativity and encourage people to develop as leaders throughout our business.
Our culture, clients and technical focus allows us to attract and retain the best staff in the industry.
We are part of the Alluvium Group and aim to work with our sister companies to deliver truly great multidisciplinary projects. For more information about us see http://www.alluvium.com.au.
Remuneration is commensurate with skills and experience and subject to negotiation. We have generous policies surrounding leave and other employee benefits.
Please contact Steve Skull to further discuss this role firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Civil AutoCAD 12D Designer - Brisbane / Townsville enquiry via EthicalJobs, (0400 612 473).
A position description is attached.