The Australian Queer Archives AQuA (formerly the Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives) is seeking an Office Coordinator to join our organisation and assist in our day-to-day operating procedures and administration. This exciting opportunity coincides with our forthcoming move to the Victorian Pride Centre (VPC).
About the role
You will be responsible for the administration systems and day-to-day operations and logistics of the organization to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently. The position reports directly to the AQuA President and works closely with the Committee, Advisory groups, Bookkeeper and volunteers. The office coordinator will work within the guidelines of the Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
To be successful in this role, an understanding and cultural sensitivity concerning Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer Australians, and a passion to make a positive impact, a willingness to work within AQuA’s ethos, support our values and advance our vision is essential. The successful applicant will work within AQuA’s OHS systems, policies and best practice to ensure all organizational and compliance are met.
The position will be located at our reading room and collection space at the Victorian Pride Centre, Fitzroy St, St Kilda, Victoria.
This is a contract fixed term part-time position. 2 Days a week (0.4) 12-month contract
Remuneration: Base Salary $60,000 per annum (pro-rata) + Superannuation of 9.5%
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Manage general administration, including maintaining an effective paper and electronic file system of agreements for researchers, volunteers, storage facilities, suppliers and for the acquisition and loans of collection items.
- Maintain and develop a system of policies and procedural documents.
- Effective management of organisation emails.
- Manage day-to-day operations and front of house enquiries at the AQuA space at the VPC and facilitate access to the collection for approved research purposes and volunteer activities.
- Support programming and events of the organisation throughout the year
- Assist in managing the volunteer program
- Manage merchandise sales and distribution.
- Support the management of the membership base
- Support the maintenance of the website and social media platforms
- Write reports and assist in preparing grant applications
- Attend monthly committee meeting and sub committees as required
- Assist in management of key projects
- Ensure organisational compliance with constitutional and legal obligations.
Operations & Logistics
- Work closely with the President, Committee Members, Advisory Groups, Bookkeeper and volunteers
Reporting and Planning
- Provide regular reporting to the AQuA President, the AQuA Committee, and others as required.
- Knowledge and experience in report writing, file management systems and database administration.
- Liaising with the Victorian Pride Centre for the day-to-day operations required as a key tenant
- Develop and manage relationships with AQuA volunteers and other paid staff, and or contractors.
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing LGBTIQ peoples and experience working within LGBTIQ communities.
- Advanced office administration skills with relevant experience and / or qualifications, an understanding of NFP organisations, methods and constraints.
- Experience with IT systems - particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive and online email systems. Experience with PayPal, GiveNow and WordPress desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, volunteers, stakeholders. Verbal and written skills, including email communications and meeting presentations (group and one-to-one).
- Proven project management and planning skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and performance targets; effective time management and ability to work under pressure and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a flexible and positive collaborative approach.
- The ability to physically handle the movement of archival boxes from shelving to research tables.
- An understanding of the archival, library and museum environment, including trends and shifts.
- Financially literate in the areas of fundraising, finance and budget processes.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
The successful applicant will require a working with children check.
The Australian Queer Archives is a not-for-profit community organisation, established in 1978. We are a small team of community volunteers promoting diverse LGBTIQ histories and cultures, locally, nationally and internationally. The Archives is the only community group in Australia that actively collects and preserves LGBTIQ material from across the country, and makes it readily accessible.
- We preserve historical materials and make them accessible to students, historians and others
- We publish books and other materials on LGBTIQ histories.
- We auspice the AHH conference series.
- We run a Queer History Walk during Melbourne’s annual Midsumma Festival
- We award a prize for undergraduate theses deposited with the Archives.
- We program exhibitions, panel sessions, workshops and support other cultural institutions in the loaning of collection material for exhibitions
If you would like more information about the position please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Office Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.