- Flexible working from home options available
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane locations preferred, however, remote candidates will be considered
Founded in 2014, AlayaCare is a fast-growing mature start-up with a presence in Australia, Canada and the United States. Our leading cloud-based software is revolutionary in the delivery of aged and disability care. We provide a complete technology solution for community and residential care organisations by offering a mix of face-to-face visit solutions and real-time telehealth, whilst streamlining field staff operations, increasing efficiency, improving communications, and ultimately improving client experiences. Our focus is driving better outcomes for the aged care sector. We are driven by our purpose of enabling the care we want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home. We have an open and transparent culture, our teams are fun, supportive, and highly diverse, and we are committed to a workplace where we all feel we can be ourselves.
- Open, supportive and transparent culture.
- Generous salary package with great on target earning potential.
- Flexible benefits package.
- Health and wellness activities.
- Happy hours and team outings.
- A chance to make a difference in aged and community care in Australia.
- A foot in the door of the rapidly growing aged care tech market.
- Flexible work in between home, office and client sites.
- The opportunity to grow and progress in the role.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance Developer to join our growing team dedicated to building the future of homecare. Bring your voice as an equal member of the Agile team and collaborate in the development lifecycle - including clarifying requirements and design, performing risk analysis, creating test plans, translating test plans to code to support automated testing and assessing the quality of the product. Responsibilities will include:
- Manually test frontend and backend applications relevant to your team’s work
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated user-level tests, as well as evaluate test results belonging to your team, to ensure our applications meet functional requirements and design specifications
- Prepare for and facilitate the Three Amigos sessions using source materials from Product Management
- Intelligently question and expose assumptions as early as possible in the development workflow, to clearly understand what your team is going to build
- Produce written lightweight documentation in our ticket system during or immediately after the Three Amigos sessions, such as background info, scenarios, business rules, examples, questions and decisions - and update your documentation as work progresses and evolves (including test cases, test sets, test plans and automated tests, etc.), using it to guide your testing
- Collaborate on testing plans with developers to ensure the majority of the scenarios and business rules coming out of the Three Amigos sessions are implemented at the cheapest and fastest level of automated testing
- Be proactive by seeking out new tasks and providing pertinent information to your manager and team members
- Open clear defects for any failing acceptance criteria in the lightweight documentation, and clear bugs for any features not working as documented, or when something unexpected happens
- Support the organisational goals of assessing risk of our releases, including top prioritising your assigned portion of our test plans when needed
- Act as a quality advocate by driving your team’s shared quality culture forwards at all times by identifying improvement opportunities and recommending solutions to optimise and evolve work processes and methods
What we are looking for (must haves):
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent related experience
- At least 3 years of experience within Quality Assurance or Software Development, testing frontend or backend applications
- Very strong written, descriptive and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, passionate, self-motivated individual who works well in a team or individual setting, and takes pride in their work
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker
- Understand working within an Agile development model
- Knowledge of Git version control
What would set you apart:
- Experience creating automated tests in Selenium or Cypress
- Background in API testing & knowledge of API testing tools like Postman
- Knowledge of browser built-in developer tools
- Experience with or building automation pipelines (Jenkins or Azure Devops experience is a plus)
- Comfort using the command line
- Work related experience using a modern IDE
- Skills and experience in mentoring quality specialist colleagues with varying levels and types of testing experience
If this sounds like you apply today!