The Victorian Greens are looking for an Engagement and Training Officer to join our team through the upcoming 2020 Local Government Election Campaign as we work with members and volunteers all across Victoria to help get more Greens elected at a local level.
About the role
The Engagement and Training Officer works to build and broaden our movement by increasing the size and capability of our activist base. On top of your training, community organising and mobilisation experience, you will need strong design thinking and communications skills as you develop and implement strategies to systematically deepen our relationship with members, donors, volunteers and supporters.
About the Victorian Greens
Over the course of the last four decades the Greens have become the third force in Australian politics, with members elected to represent their communities at every level of government. We are a grassroots party that relies on the support of thousands of members and volunteers from across the state.
The Victorian Greens State Office supports party operations and the federal, state and local election campaigns in the state of Victoria. We’re currently preparing for the Victorian Local Government Elections to be held in October this year. The Greens have 24 Councillors across Victoria and Greens have led the way on issues such as sustainable transport, revolutionising waste management and developing local climate emergency plans. This election is a great opportunity to get more Greens elected to create change in our local communities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Design and implement engagement pathways: Work with relevant stakeholders to design and deliver coordinated sequences of emails, SMS, phone calls, events and training opportunities to systematically deepen the connection between the AGV and our supporters, volunteers, donors and members.
- Prepare engagement communications contents: In collaboration with communications and fundraising staff, prepare content for emails, SMS, social media and other channels in support of engagement and fundraising activities.
- Up-skill our members and volunteers: Plan and deliver training to build community organising and mobilisation skills within our movement, with a focus on digital organising; write and maintain support guides.
- Support engagement volunteers: Recruit, train, build relationships and support branch-based member engagement volunteers; build and manage a team of state office based engagement volunteers (including running 'phone banking' sessions).
- Support field campaigns: Pivot to campaign focused engagement activity during election periods, helping to support and coordinate electorate-based activists as they execute community organising and mobilisation campaign tactics.
- Work as part of our collaborative state office team and complete other duties as directed.
- Committed to the values of the Australian Greens.
- Experienced in community organising and movement building.
- A logical thinker who can design and implement systems and processes.
- Digitally capable and familiar with the tools and platforms used to manage supporter comms and data.
- An outstanding communicator, with a demonstrated ability to prepare compelling content for a range of communication mediums.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working or volunteering in an election campaign environment.
- Experience with voter contact tactics such as doorknocking and voter calls.
- Experience with group facilitation and training.
- Fundraising expertise.