- Job status: Part time, fixed term contract
- Starting salary: Professional Staff Level 2 (FTE $71,072) with an additional 10% super.
- Location: You’ll be supported to join our remote working team throughout COVID-19 impacts before a campaign office in the electorate is secured in 2021.
- Hours: 0.4 - 0.6 FTE
- Position begins: November 2020
- Position ends: March 5 2021, with the possibility of extension.
About the role
Passionate about campaigning? Love writing emails to inspire action? We are looking for a digital campaigner to help set up our campaign to re-elect Adam Bandt.
Through this contract role, you’ll be responsible for helping grow our email program and ensuring key messages reach the voters of Melbourne. With the potential for an election as soon as August 2021, you’ll help the team develop the strategy to help keep Melbourne Green.
About Melbourne and the Victorian Greens
In 2010, Adam Bandt won the seat of Melbourne, becoming the first Greens MP in the lower house. Since then, Adam has delivered for our values and our community, securing $13 billion for clean energy and getting kids dental into Medicare. In February 2020, Adam became parliamentary leader of the Australian Greens.
The Greens are much more than an environmental party. The Greens are also working in many other areas to champion integrity, decency and fairness. As well as representing constituents, the Greens speak on behalf of those who wouldn’t otherwise get much of a say inside parliament: children, refugees, students, individuals and families living in poverty and, of course, our natural environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage the online supporter engagement program: develop and implement the supporter engagement program, executing issues specific digital campaigns, email writing, design and website content management, to help us increase our reach.
- Manage campaign fundraising activities: identify fundraising opportunities both online and offline, coordinate engagement with potential donors.
- Support local campaigning efforts: work across the broader team to ensure engagement with the voters of Melbourne through local campaigning opportunities.
- Commitment to the Greens’ charter and policies
- A proven interest and understanding of the Australian political landscape and election campaigning.
- Experience working in campaigns, both online and offline.
- Experience coordinating fundraising activities, primarily online.
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to craft compelling copy and to deliver an effective message verbally.
- Experience with web design and content management. It’s a bonus if you’re familiar with NationBuilder, CiviCRM or AutoPilot.
- Outcomes driven. We’re looking for someone with experience in getting results and meeting goals, and who thrives when working towards big targets.
- Willingness to take initiative and work to tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
It's a bonus is you have:
- Design skills, the ability to quickly whip up some creative assets to capitalise on a moment.
- Experience working with and getting the best out of volunteers.
A position description is attached.
The Greens are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified parties to apply – we don’t discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.