- Job Status: Full time, fixed term contract
- Starting salary: Professional Staff Level 1 $78,178 with additional 10% super.
- Location: You’ll be supported to join our remote working team throughout COVID-19 impacts before a campaign office in the electorate is secured in 2021.
- Primary hours: Full time with frequent evening and weekend work.
- Position begins: February 2 2021
- Position ends: Two weeks after the next federal election, expected between August - October 2021 or May 2022.
About the role
Passionate about campaigning? Love building teams that create impact and win? As the Melbourne Campaign Manager, you’ll be responsible for building and leading the team to keep Melbourne Green and Adam Bandt in Parliament.
About Melbourne and the Victorian Greens
In 2010, Adam Bandt won the seat of Melbourne, becoming the first Greens MP in the lower house. Since then, Adam has delivered for our values and our community, securing $13 billion for clean energy and getting kids dental into Medicare. In February 2020, Adam became parliamentary leader of the Australian Greens.
The Greens are much more than an environmental party. The Greens are also working in many other areas to champion integrity, decency and fairness. As well as representing constituents, the Greens speak on behalf of those who wouldn’t otherwise get much of a say inside parliament: children, refugees, students, individuals and families living in poverty and, of course, our natural environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Project management of the Melbourne campaign: develop the strategy to win in Melbourne and build the high-performing team to help execute it. You’ll be responsible for project managing the delivery of key campaign tactics, budget management and ensuring we’re tracking for success.
- Team management and internal communication: you’ll directly manage other key campaign staff and be responsible for managing communication and successful working relationships with other key internal stakeholders.
- Advertising coordination: working alongside the communications team, you’ll be responsible for managing the delivery of the advertising strategy across outdoor, digital, mail and print.
- Advise and assist the candidate: on campaign strategy developments, campaign activities, rapid response opportunities and the campaigns performance against its goals.
- Donor engagement and fundraising: you’ll make sure the campaign is on track to meet its fundraising goals and manage the relationships of key campaign donors.
- Commitment to the Greens’ charter and policies
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills. You can quickly build and maintain relationships of trust.
- Outstanding organisational skills, experience in managing people and logistics to tight deadlines - you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- A proven interest and understanding of the Australian political landscape and election campaigning.
- Experience working in campaigns, both online and offline.
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to craft compelling copy and to deliver an effective message verbally.
- Experience with donor engagement and delivering fundraising campaigns.
- Experience working with and getting the best out of volunteers.
- Outcomes driven. We’re looking for someone with experience in getting results and meeting goals, and who thrives when working towards big targets.
- Willingness to take initiative and work to tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
A position description is attached.