About the role
Election campaigns are all about working together towards one immovable deadline, the day voting opens. As Campaign Coordinator you will be responsible for liaison with volunteers in our local council campaigns to ensure all campaign deadlines are met including managing materials ordering, design, production and print deadlines for up to 80 local government candidates. You’ll have strong project management and people skills and work as part of a tight multidisciplinary team, working closely with our graphic designer and communications staff.
This isn’t your average job: you’ll work with a wide range of people and need to be self-motivated and flexible – but you’ll meet amazing Greens members from all walks of life, and make a real difference to growing the political party that is building a future for all of us. If you enjoy making things happen and are passionate about building a progressive Australia, you’ll love this job.
About the Victorian Greens
Over the course of the last four decades the Greens have become the third force in Australian politics, with members elected to represent their communities at every level of government. We are a grassroots party that relies on the support of thousands of members and volunteers from across the state.
The Victorian Greens State Office supports party operations and the federal, state and local election campaigns in the state of Victoria. We’re currently preparing for the Victorian Local Government Elections to be held in October this year. The Greens have 24 Councillors across Victoria and Greens have led the way on issues such as sustainable transport, revolutionising waste management and developing local climate emergency plans. This election is a great opportunity to get more Greens elected to create change in our local communities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Liaison with up to 80 candidates and their volunteer campaign teams to coordinate campaign activities across the state. This includes supporting local candidates and their volunteer campaign teams in making decisions relating to local campaign strategy in alignment with statewide strategy and accessing state office support.
- Ensure print material orders are placed, content is provided, photos are taken, copy is on message, materials are proofed and signed off, invoices are paid and print materials are collected.
- Managing relationships with external printers, managing orders and finalising invoices and coordinating materials delivery.
- Liaison with campaigns regarding production of candidate digital and advertising graphics and managing order placement and invoicing for any centrally managed print or digital advertising placement.
- Project managing the candidate nomination process and donations returns lodging requirements post-election.
- Participating in post-election debrief, evaluation, handover and archiving.
- Committed to the values of the Australian Greens
- A project management extraordinaire - experienced delivering on complex projects to tight timelines and possess creative problem-solving skills
- Great with people, able to work well in a team, as well as to influence and motivate others and manage and resolve conflict
- An experienced campaigner, with a sound understanding of campaign strategy and tactics
- Attentive to details and confident managing financial information and other data using spreadsheets, you’ll notice an error in an invoice or an order
- A clear and persuasive communicator, both in writing and over the phone
Bonus points for:
- Experience working or volunteering in an election campaign environment
- Experience working with graphic design professionals
- Experience working with or managing volunteers