We are seeking a Managing Solicitor (Unrestricted) with demonstrated people management skills to work in our Kununurra office commencing as soon as possible.
The Solicitor is responsible for the delivery of legal services, including:
- Family law
- Care and Protection matters
- Family Violence Restraining Orders and
- Criminal injuries compensation
The successful applicant will provide legal advice, court representation and community legal education to Aboriginal people who have or are experiencing family violence within their community.
In addition to legal duties, the successful applicant will be required to supervise office staff in their day-to-day activities. This includes overseeing internal systems such as the organisational data, I.T. and file management systems in additional to other administrative and managerial functions.
To be considered for this position you need to meet the following criteria:
- Admitted or eligible for admittance to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Managerial experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated ability to travel to remote areas to deliver outreach services to clients and the community
- Experience working within family law and child protection
- Minimum of 5 years’ legal practice experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing staff
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
Please note that only those successful to interview will be contacted.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.