About the company
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice, and we are celebrating our 68th year. We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence, person centred care focused on individual outcomes and are highly respected in the disability community.
About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth, we are expanding our Allied Health Teams and we are require an experienced Speech Pathologist based on the Gold Coast. Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to;
- Assess speech and communication needs of clients utilising the relevant assessments and intervention strategies.
- Identify and implement treatment options
- Collaborating with families to achieve client goals
- Create and carry out individualised treatment plans and train staff on the implementation of plans
- Review and update all plans when necessary
- Ensure standards of service are met by utilising an appropriate range of communication, interviewing and assessment of needs to identify the requirements of all individuals seeking services from Afford
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to support clients to reach their full potential recognise the therapy and educational disciplines as part of the Educational and Early Learning service
- Contribute to equipment management, including research, evaluation, database, maintenance and ordering of assistive technologies.
About the candidate
Our vision is to provide innovative, flexible and high quality support for people with disabilities. As an experienced Speech Pathologist you will have a genuine desire to support people with disabilities lead exceptional lives. You will also have;
- Current registration with the AHPRA.
- Current registration with Medicare Australia.
- Knowledge of best practice in Private Speech Therapist customer service delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with colleagues, clients and key stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to work autonomously in a complex environment characterised by competing demands and tight timelines.
- Demonstrated written communication skills including the ability to produce accurate client files, develop referral documentation and communicate to other health professionals.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a speech therapist is required.
- A clean, unrestricted drivers ‘licence
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Be part of the best Allied Health team in disabilities
- Competitive salary including packaging options;
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training and professional development
- Numerous other benefits