About the company
Afford is an innovative, passionate and genuine not for profit organisation. Our primary focus is supporting people with disabilities to live exceptionally joy-filled lives.
About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth, we are expanding our Allied Health Teams and we require an experienced Speech Pathologist based in Adelaide and surrounds. Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Assessing communication and mealtime management needs of clients utilising a range of assessment tools and techniques
- Identifying and implementing intervention approaches and strategies that are holistic, client-centred and outcomes-driven
- Collaborating with families when designing intervention plans to achieve client goals
- Providing training and support to assist clients, families and carers with the implementation of intervention plans and programs
- Writing comprehensive assessment and review reports
Affords vision is to provide innovative, flexible and high-quality support for people with disabilities. As an experienced Speech Pathologist you will have a genuine desire to support people with disabilities lead exceptional lives. You will also have;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Speech Pathology
- Current registration with SPA and Medicare Australia
- Experience working with paediatric and adult clients with a disability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and customer service delivery
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills and the ability to work autonomously in a complex environment characterised by competing demands and tight timelines.
- Ability to work both collaboratively within a team and independently
- Flexible working arrangements, work from home, face to face visits and tele-care services
- Experience in AAC and swallowing difficulties is desirable
- Commitment to personal and professional improvement
- Driven with a solution based mindset
- A clean, unrestricted drivers ‘licence
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Be part an innovative and progressive multi-disciplinary team striving to achieve best outcomes for clients and their families
- Competitive salary including packaging options;
- Company Car or Car Allowance Available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training and professional development
- Numerous other benefits
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.