About the company
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 68th year. We Offer our clients a wide range of services that are aimed at meeting their goals and improving their quality of life and have over 70 sites across 3 states.
About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth and company expansion we are looking for an experienced property officer to join our team.
Our Property team forms a vital part of our organisation and supports the future growth and success of the business. This is a varied role that will see you managing varied tasks some of which are outlined below:
- Support the property manager to deliver on Afford objectives
- Undertake and manage inspections & negotiations of property purchases and commercial leases
- Overseeing commercial lease renewals for both leased & investment properties
- Assist with building conversion process required for properties to be suitable for required use
- Assisting with preparation of compliant documents for submission to various Council departments
- Liaising with agents, solicitors, property consultants & council to ensure properties acquired are suitable for required use
- Assisting with maintenance & repairs of company-owned properties
- Organising, maintaining & overseeing ongoing maintenance schedules
- Assisting with the overseeing of construction works for new site fit-outs to ensure they are compliant with relevant guidelines such as Building Code of Australia
- Assist with the managing of site relocations, fit-out & space management
- Assist with design & fittings schedule for new fit-outs
- Manage tight deadlines and deliver a high quality of service to over a large number of sites
- General administration
About the candidate
The Property team works with pace and energy to deliver solutions for our rapidly growing business. As a property officer you will be able to manage changing priorities and a variety of tasks. The role requires someone who is comfortable completing administration duties with a high level of attention to detail and confident to be on the road inspecting properties and providing business feedback. The successful candidate will have:
- A full, unrestricted licence
- Experience within property management/real estate
- Proactive and consistent work style
- Availability to work occasional Saturdays if required
- Afford is a national organisation, therefore the ability to travel interstate when required is essential
Why be part of Afford?
We are an employer of choice and place our employee’s brightness of future high on our agenda. Culture is highly important to us, we work hard and we celebrate our success and acknowledge our employees' contribution to our success. We also offer:
- Excellent working conditions
- Great pay rates and salary packaging options- More in your pocket!
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Monthly and quarterly rewards for excellent customer service