Transport Canberra and City Services
Waste Education and Partnerships Team
Senior Officer Grade C
Salary Range: $113,397 - $122,062 (PN: 46126)
The Assistant Director, Waste Education is an exciting position. ACT NoWaste is looking for a supportive team leader who is a self-directed creative thinker with an analytical mindset. Experience delivering behaviour change or public education campaigns as well as strong project management skills are essential. Experience in staff management and team leadership is essential. Familiarity with a range of behaviour change strategies such as social marketing, partnership development, community education, public relations and events, campaign management, community development and market research will be highly regarded.
The following capabilities form the criteria that are required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Skills and Knowledge Capabilities
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change or public education programs including strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills together with the ability to engage collaboratively and represent ACT NoWaste across Government and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in the procurement and project management of consultancies such as research and creative agencies.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in leading and managing staff, with the ability to lead, inspire and develop direct reports in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the TCCS Values framework, workplace respect, equity and diversity framework, workplace health and safety best practise and industrial democracy principles and practise.
- Service Commitment - provide high quality service in line with the team’s objectives as per community/stakeholder needs
- Community/Stakeholder Relationships - Work cooperatively with others and focus on achieving the best result for customers and the broader community.
- Delivering Results - achieve agreed outcomes within the specified responsibilities and governance frameworks that apply to my role and ACTPS organisation.
- Degree level qualifications and/or experience in marketing, particularly social marketing or behaviour change (or equivalent experience and skills).
- This position requires a current registration or the ability to gain a registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) ACT 2011.
- Driver’s licence is preferred but not essential.
- This position does not require a pre-employment medical.
Note: This is a temporary full time position available from 14 Feb 2022 until 13 Feb 2023.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au
Contact Officer: Naomi Lee (02) 6207 8854 firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Assistant Director, Waste Education enquiry via EthicalJobs