ADACAS (ACT Disability Aged and Carer Advocacy Service) is a leading advocacy service with a 30-year history in Canberra and more recently providing services to South Coast NSW. ADACAS provides individual and systemic advocacy to people with disability, older people and their family carers.
About the Role
The Service Delivery & Quality Manager is responsible for the oversight and day-to-day running of the funded individual Advocacy services, Redress Support and Royal Commission services offered by ADACAS.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of funded individual Advocacy, which is underpinned by a human rights framework, and includes areas such as Mental Health, Health, NDIS, Older Persons, Redress Support and Royal Commission services, and ensure they are running in accordance to agreed contractual arrangements, and address situations that may arise within the course of service delivery.
- Mentor and coach Team Leaders and staff to achieve the contractual and strategic objectives of the organisation
- Support direct reports and their teams with professional development opportunities and their overall wellbeing
- Working with team leaders to ensure all activities within operations are recorded accurately on the CMS and are up to date.
- Working with the CEO and Business Manager to ensure long term sustainability of funding for core activities through innovation, meeting contracted KPIs, outstanding service delivery, effective promotion and strategic relationship management.
- Coordinate the qualitative and narrative reports required for all funding contracts and ensure they are accurate and submitted on time.
- Lead the development and design of a Quality Improvement System for ADACAS’ advocacy service
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, regulation and standards which relate to ADACAS’ operations, and ensure policies, procedures and practice are updated to reflect these.
- Contribute to ADACAS’ strategic and work planning processes, and provide analysis of outcome data that measures the effectiveness of programs against KPIs.
- Working with the CEO, manage relations with contract managers of current funded services, and identify and actively seek new opportunities for growth in line with ADACAS’ strategic direction.
- Working with the CEO and Systemic Advocacy team, participate in the preparation of ADACAS’ positions and submissions that aim to influence government policy
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Leadership experience in the human services industry, preferably in a service delivery role. We will also consider people with legal experience or clinical experience who have senior management skills
- A sound knowledge of human rights and person-centred approach to service delivery
- Experience in individual and systemic advocacy, disability, NDIS, older persons and mental health
- Experience in managing and supporting a team that works in a complex and emotionally challenging environment
- Experience in Program management and quality improvement in the community sector or a clinical setting
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Very strong inter-personal skills with demonstrated ability to coach and lead a team
- Good financial management, reporting and analytical skills
The successful applicant will hold, or be able to obtain, a Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration, current National Criminal Record Check and a current driver’s licence.
What’s on Offer
- A rewarding opportunity that can make a difference within your local community
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Generous Salary Packaging Benefits - $15,900 tax free
ADACAS also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Visit www.adacas.org.au to learn more about ADACAS.
For further information, please contact Wendy Prowse, CEO on 6242 5060.
ADACAS is an equal opportunity employer. People from diverse backgrounds and with diverse life experiences are encouraged to apply. ADACAS makes an effort to ensure disability access and facilities are fitted in our buildings where possible. Our head office in Weston is wheelchair accessible.