- Utilise your experience working in an administration position to support ACU’s community engagement
- Part-time 0.6 FTE in a continuing role
- Brisbane location
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU Engagement collaborates with Identity and Mission, Faculties, Institutes and other operational units in order to achieve enhanced opportunities for our staff and students to experience community engagement that is both academically rich and exemplifies Catholic Social Principles. The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum
As the Community Engagement Administration Officer you will:
- Maintain community engagement program records, including records of activities and evaluations.
- Manage requests from ACU students in relation to community engagement placements using the InPlace Student Placement system.
- Assist with finance-related processing including credit card reconciliations and processing invoices for approval.
- Contribute to activities of the national administration team including assisting with the coordination of the community giving drives, developing and managing national processes, and assisting the ACU Engagement team when required.
- Assist with administering orientation, planning, briefing and debriefing sessions to ACU staff, students and alumni who have registered to volunteer in community engagement programs and attend community engagement program sessions to ensure all program activities are run appropriately.
- Maintain positive relationships with relevant community engagement program stakeholders.
- Participate as an active member of ACU Engagement and broader Vice President Portfolio.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience providing administrative support to a work unit
- An interest and/or competence in community engagement
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and some familiarity in the effective use of social media
- The ability to exercise initiative, to work independently, and to interact proactively, productively and constructively in a team.
- An understanding of the University Mission, as manifest in the commitment to community engagement.